Thread: Asus AT5IONT-I overheating

Asus AT5IONT-I overheating

I have just bought a new Asus AT5IONT-I for a HTPC. I am running Windows 7 64 bit on this machine. There is a Nvidia graphic card installed on this machine and it has a proper driver for the same. I am facing an overheating issue on this machine as it was at 80C at Idle but went to 100C while playing the bluray dvd. Though this machine haven't showed any problem due to overheating but it will show it soon that is what my judgment says. Can you guys suggest me some way by which I can cool down my machine.

Re: Asus AT5IONT-I overheating

Most of the time overheating issue caused due to the low air ventilation in the CPU case due to which heat does not gets space to comes out of the box. Actually main reason for causing this issue is the heatsink which gets jammed by the dust and hence heat does not emits out of it properly. Gradually your machine gets overheated. I suggest you clean up the heatsink of your cooling fan and then check that overheating affects or not. It must be reduced as compare to how it was earlier. It would be better if you remove the dust from all the other areas as well.

Power fluctuation is also the main reason for your machine to get heated up. I suggest you to check that your machine is getting the power in proper flow or not. You can start checking about the same from the main socket on your wall to which you have to connect your spy guard. Now please don't tell me that you have not using the Spy Guard with your machine setup which is very much needed in such cases. Earthing can also cause overheating as some of your hardware's metal might be getting heated by direct power flow in it due to which it gets heated. Have you ever felt electric shock kind of thing from any metal surface of your machine?

May be your fan is not capable of the system configuration that your desktop machine has. You have not mentioned the cooling fan that you are using to cool up your machine. May be this is time to get the new cooling system for your machine. I would be suggesting you to get the cooling fan with more rpm which emits heat more rapidly which needs better heatsink as well for easy ventilation. You may choose any cooling techniques but I would be suggesting for the watercooling.

I have seen that this kind of issues persists whenever you are running many applications at the same time. Actually even though you run many applications at the same time, your machine should not get overheated unless it has more memory. I guess your machine won't be having enough RAM support or you might be running some heavy loaded application for many hours which makes it obvious for your machine to get overheated.