Thread: Is my motherboard dead? No beep No BIOS

Is my motherboard dead? No beep No BIOS

I was using this machine for over a year and It is showing some serious problem now which should not be happening after just one year. Actually it failed many time for booting but it used to get start after rebooting it. But now I guess it has got stuck somewhere. Power reaches the CPU tower but then nothing happens as I was expecting at least some kind of beeps from it. It is not sounding any beep nor showing the BIOS screen. How do I deal with it now? I am having an Asus M2NBP-VM along with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core - 2.2GHz. Please help me!

Re: Is my motherboard dead? No beep No BIOS

Hello all, I have seen the same problem on my windows machine for solving which I suggest you to try the following steps which can solve it beautifully. Actually by following the same steps, I have solved my problem but still I am not so sure that it would be solving yours as well.
    1. Reset bios.
    2. on the CM there is a jumper marked safe mode just below the bios reset, move the jumper and turn on the computer.
    3. you get to the bios menu, reconfigure and shut down the computer.
    4. replace the jumper safe mode like before.
    5. Miracle the pc works again!!!

Recently I had the same problem ie not beep at boot the PC and the screen is no display. So I first tried a graphics (CG) PCI Express because the PC has only GC integrated into the motherboard without success but then I removed all the memory chips to see if the pc beeps or not and yes it emits the beep Memory error. I removed the battery given the strips, make a clear CMOS but the pc does not always beep and there was no screen display. So there's no doubt about the motherboard or processor. But I rather think the processor because when I removed the strips between paged system which means that the motherboard has a strong chance of working there.

I had such problems 2 times as no startup beep on 2 different pc out of which one was bought 3 years ago another is a new one. At the end there was nothing I knew and I did not think the motherboard is already out of order, and strength to turn - turn around the tower, I looked at what could block and I saw my mouse which is Razer Coperhead not to make the pub but just that it was the one who did it on both the pc, until it is completely blocked configure the startup of the pc (if it is on USB port) is unfounded But I just tested on an old PC out of the closet and even for those who move here is still running, wringing her brain as I've done it is possible that this is an external device to the other good luck!

It could be the Power Supply. Here I have shared what I have done with my power supply to solve this issue. Disconnected the power supply & motherboard. I jumped the green and black pins using the paper clip to provide power to the PSU while connector was disconnected. The PSU fan starts running without any problem. By using a digital multimeter, I checked all the pins on 24-pin ATX power connector as well as 4-pin CPU power connector. The entire voltages are accurate as the 3.3v, 5.0v, and 12.0v values are all exactly right. When I tries booting up my system the it worked.