Thread: Intel Core 2 Quad is running very slow

Intel Core 2 Quad is running very slow

My Core 2 Quad is getting too slow for any small application. I need some utility to remove tasks that may prevent a more rapid process of things, or some help or advice to improve performance. Related to this I have tried many solutions which is given on to the different forum site but they all just like useless for me. So if you have any other solutions then please tell me over here.

Re: Intel Core 2 Quad is running very slow

First of all, according to a brief description and your system. Here I want some information from your side. Actually I want to know that have you installed any special software. Any virus that is infected in your system so first you check task manager and shows that this process is that requiring more resources. What OS your system recently you have? So just give me this information so I will try to help you in a better way.

Core 2 Quad Q6600 at 2.4 Ghz, 3GB of RAM. Asus P5K motherboard. Defragmented and analyzed by avast, kaspersky, ViRobot 5.5, Ashampoo Best Spyware scanner and Antispyware2. Windows XP SP3 installed. I tried to install Vista and Windows 7 but I skipped the blue screen. The motherboard drivers are all installed from its cd. In the asus web site no updates. I have four cores, with small tasks such as unzip files or copy files from a flash drive is for the screen and stop processing more tasks.

Can you tell me what type of BSoD will generate the system once you try to install the OS Windows 7? Indicates information that represents the same stop code. One of the reasons for which your system does not respond properly is the same OS, it does not properly take advantage of the chip more than 2 cores You've come to make the drive scandisk? You've done an online scan to rule out definitively any infection. Firefox.exe occupies 124,000 kb of memory, fivefold to / the next / s. The most powerful software that is installed is photoshop cs. It has always been slower, but I've concluded that it is not normal.

User message board
    1. Open the PC and enter the system BIOS.
    2. Set SATA to AHCI.
    3. 1st Place throws the DVD device.
    4. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD.
    5. Save BIOS settings and exit BIOS.
    6. Then when you reboot, the installation process of Windows 7 will begin.
    So just go for this I hope this will help you.