Thread: BIOS settings does not get saved after switching off the computer

BIOS settings does not get saved after switching off the computer

I am having a strange problem which i decided that i will share with you. At first whenever i make some changes during the overclocking. The settings gets saved. When i reboot the system the system uses the same settings. The problem starts when i shut down my computer. My computer comes back to the same old settings. I have a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboard and a core duo processor. I can run the system at 3.2GHz and FSB of 400. Also while overclocking i have run all types of tests and my system appears to be stable. So what can be the problem? Please do suggest me some solutions.

Re: BIOS settings does not get saved after switching off the computer

I have a one possible solution for you. You can try removing the battery and clear the CMOS. Try replacing it with the new set of batteries. After that try booting the system with the default settings. After that re boot the system enter the CMOS settings and then enter the overclocking configuration. After check in the tabs of the CPU-Z whether your computer speed is fine or not. If it is fine then go ahead and try with the stability. Restart the computer more than twice and shut it down for some time and see if the system is retrieves the necessary saved settings. It will mostly show the changes. Just try with this solution. I am sure it will work.

Yes, i tried with the solution mentioned by you. I switched off my Computer and then started the other day. What i noted was that it started for some time after that a beep sound came and it eventually switched off. So i waited for some time and it started again. I checked the CPU-z and was very sad to know that it was back to the normal setting. So i re booted and entered my overclocking setting and then checked, my overclock was in effect. I want to mention that i am currently having the f6 BIOS. So any more solution for my problem.

The problem might be due to a simple mistake from your side. What you are doing is that you are missing a simple step during changing the settings of the BIOS. It is very necessary for all the P35 motherboard users. Once you are done with the overclock setting. After saving it re-enter the same bios setting and hit the F11 key. After hitting the F11 key give some name to the setting that's it. You will probably retain all the changes in the BIOS once you turn off the computer. Just try it and let me know if it works.

I hope that you are referring to the virtual BIOS setting. Even i tried with the same setting, and the process of saving F11 to the BIOS profile did not give me any desired result. Even i am facing this problem and i have searched the internet for the results but still i did not get any desired solution. What has happened is that even i had to save the setting and then hit the F11 button and then i kept my system off for some time. When i started i found out that CPU Host Control was disabled and also the timings were back to the normal.

I am also experiencing the same problem w/ my nf6is-m2 te motherboard is it advisable to download the updates for the bios setup, or follow the steps that is on this thread