Thread: Asus Crosshair iv Extreme vs Formula

Asus Crosshair iv Extreme vs Formula

Here i would like to know whether Asus crosshair extreme and the Asus Crosshair formula what are the technologies used by these Motherboards and as i am thinking to overclock please suggest tell me which will be the best. Which will be the best for me please suggest the best option for me if possible you can also provide me the features of these motherboards. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Re: Asus Crosshair iv Extreme vs Formula

The Crosshair Crosshair IV and Formula IV Extreme charges should cooperate with AMD's upcoming processors can go record hunting. Because of the high-end 890FX chipset is at the same time, we expect the first six-core desktop processor from AMD - and just wait out the two boards. While the Crosshair Formula IV or a tolerably regular version differs only slightly from the other, already sighted 890FX motherboard, the Extreme version is a major step forward.

For normal home users may be less interesting, but for some eye candy enthusiasts are likely to be the following pictures. Point dual-socket boards, which are designed mainly for use in servers and workstations. While the Z8NR-D12 is designed with the 1366-bases for future Xeon processors on Westmere-based Intel, is the act kgPE-D16 the new Opteron 6000 CPUs from AMD as a support and therefore brings two G34-base (per 1944 pins) for the eight-and twelve-core chips.

Both boards share the 32 lanes of the 890FX chipset for graphics cards, which they divided depending on benefits in 16 or 2x 4x 8th The SB850 Southbridge is exactly what it does already presented in a few days ago 890GX chipset, etc. Up to six SATA ports with 6 Gb / s and other stereotypes, such as LAN, Audio, FireWire. Asus boards are the chips, however, by adding two "old" SATA ports with 3Gb / s on the way to the well-known NEC chip provides two USB 3.0 ports.

The Crosshair Extreme IV is to use thanks to a sophisticated board structure capable of four double-slot graphics solutions. But the motherboard has to be powered, which is a 4-pin power plug directly into the center and another 4-pin power connector angled bar at the bottom of the board with additional energy. The target group, the true enthusiast market is also reflected by the possibilities of additional connectors, jumpers and selection options. To accommodate all this on the board, it is easy to get larger than the typical ATX form factor, as the holes for the screws to fasten reveal in the case.

Furthermore, the ASUS Crosshair Formula IV was shown, similar to the Crosshair IV Extreme visually strong, but the equipment a little less abundant. It is probably the successor of the Crosshair Formula III compete based on the 790FX is still. During the previous two PCI-Express x16 slots were used, it is the successor to four. The number of SATA ports is now also appears to be increased. A total of seven SATA slots are available, six of which are 3-SATA-capable. In the "RC Bluetooth feature of the Extreme model is apparently omitted and also the design of the CPU voltage converter seems to fail a little different, if one can imagine that.