Thread: Did I destroy my AMD x3 455

Did I destroy my AMD x3 455

I was attemping to unlock the 4th core on my amd x3 455 utilizing an msi 870-g45 motherboard. After first try I found that it is unstable I attempted marginally increasing power to the CPU. I increased it originally to 1.35 volts as well as it appeared a bit more secure so I attempted 1.43ish. I as well increased the cpu-nb voltage to 1.4.The PC no longer posts I have make an effort for resetting the cmos both along with jumpers as well as by pulling the battery. The problem is, is there a way to solve this.

Re: Did I destroy my AMD x3 455

while you say it does not post, do you obtain a signal on the monitor ?If there is not anything, I would take out the battery, remain the pc unplugged, take out the cpu as well as wait an hour, attempt again and if it still does not post. After that you have to worry about it. I would attempt a different cpu (if you have any spares) however it does not sound like you did something incorrect.

I got No signal on the monitor at all, even my keyboard lights do not flash. The inside lights, case as well as cpu fans are on but except that it just sits there doing not anything. Posting is while it beeps as well as you observe the basic diagnostics on screen right? As well will the motherboard post with no cpu in it? What would take out that plus reinstalling it complete?
    Not that I am not ready to attempt it at this time ill attempt anything.

If you just have amd x3 455,as well as along with that you are attempting to unlock the 4th core, well you cannot, just its because it is not a quad core, yours is triple core. So from my opinion just the quad core is able to unlock the 4th core not the triple. If you would like amd quad core, you will have to upgrade to amd x4 cpu. So try this out May this will help you to solve your issue.

From my opinion There is in fact prosperity of AMD cpu's that are quad cores however are labeled as dual as well as triple core cpu. Athlon ii x3, Phenom II x2, and Phenom II x3's at the entire present cpu's from AMD that are quad core however been labeled for itself. (The Athlon ii x2 is a real dual core as well as not a quad core along with 2 cores disabled unlike the Phenom II x2. So there is no way to unlock the Athlon II x2.) Now you require several unlocking know how although the bios or obtain a motherboard that has the capability to automatically perform so .Now it does not mean the entire tri and dual cores be able to unlock to quad core, however there a well-mannered possibility it will.