Thread: AMD Noob Looking For Wisdom

AMD Noob Looking For Wisdom

I am just looking for configuration of my friend computer. He is playing games, doing surfing, visiting many sites and many more stuffs. So he just wants to improve his configuration. So on the whole that what I am looking for: Motherboard, CPU and RAM which can still be somewhat feasible. I just like the black edition processor and the expensive mother board as it encompassed the latest chipset. But the cheap board appears decent. I just found:
    • AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    • ASUS M4A785TD V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
    • OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)

Please inform your knowledge upon me. Thank you for your time.

Re: AMD Noob Looking For Wisdom

If money is not the matter then I must suggest you to go with the 1090T CPU. And regarding Motherboard I must say that don't go with the 785G board as it is a fine but older chipset which is becoming out of date. The whole thing has enthused to the 8xx chipset currently in AMD. But you don't necessitate spending more than 9000 INR to get an excellent 8xx chipset board. The 890 chipsets are solid than the 870 and the 880 chipsets and the FX boards are the solid from an electronics point of view for overclocking but you say you may not want to go to overclocking limits for the apps your friend is running.

If you require best RAM then must tell you neither of those. The OCZ Gold gets awful buyer ratings. The Reaper will provide you clearance troubles with huge later than market CPU air coolers since of the high RAM heatsink. Fix with something which contained little profile heatsink, even if it means stirring down to 1600. I would be Leary of many ram which is rated at 2000 as it may not in fact work at that speed apart from in definite motherboard or CPU combos. Many of that ram is maybe binned as well forcefully. I would look at Corsair RAM if you can pay for it. Corsair will generally achieve in surplus of its rating.

I like the motherboard in my sig; Overclocking with just negligible settings and has the FX chipset. It is a little more than a few others but contain more excellence components. I just improved myself and got the motherboard, RAM and CPU for less than 20000 INR. I could have gone a little cheaper on all three but then once more I will wish to continue it for no less than a few years. I in fact went with the x4 because the x6's will fall a few with the upcoming series which comes out and I can still get a cheap upgrade if the tech passes my x4 by. My 1600 speed RAM shows no improvement in performance then the 1333 so in order I would expect that the 2000 will pursue suit and be a misuse of wealth until the present tech takes superior advantage of it.

For RAM I would as well agree with you. Overlook 1600 CAS 9 and exit with 1333 CAS 7. AMD's appear to like slower or tighter over quick or slack. It is all up to you, of course. As well below no circumstance would I get OCZ Gold. I adore my OCZ Plats but Gold is an awful selection. Reapers are fine, too, as are the Black Edition if you can discover them. If you truly require the high speed get 1600 CAS 7. I have seen reviews evaluating RAM speeds and, on the whole, anything over 1600 is a waste and everything higher than 1333CL7 is a waste except you keep the timings tight.