Thread: Intel Turbo Memory not working properly

Intel Turbo Memory not working properly

I had inaugurated ITM into my XPS M1330 notebook most recent November and at primary I had no tribulations. I utilized the drivers by means of the intention of came by means of the ITM and then I later updated the drivers from side to side the Intel website. I am utilizing Vista 32 bit and the driver version or description for the ITM with the intention of I am utilizing is 1.0.0.1082. I later purchased a 2GB Sandisk SD card and I started to utilize by means of the intention of as Ready Boost in addition. At one point in time I imagine by means of the intention of I in addition put out of action the Ready Boost constituent of the ITM in the option panel. My HD was acting as a hybrid hard drive by means of 387MB of NV accumulation then additional than at present it no longer does. Somewhere alongside the line something be able to get corrupted by means of the ITM as it no longer works. Does anyone have several idea regarding what maybe causing this tribulations. I have comprised and eliminated the ITM and have completed certain by means of the intention of it is seated correctly so that is not the issue.

Re: Intel Turbo Memory not working properly

The Architecturally, Santa Rosa did not present much in excess of its predecessor, Napa. The innovative platform bumped the FSB occurrence to 800MHz, as well as introduced an innovative lower power FSB state (400MHz) to assist and maintain power expenditure in making sure at the same time as raising the peak performance bar. The CPU clock speeds superior to some extent due to the higher FSB, the fastest chip going commencing from 2.33GHz to 2.40GHz, additional than generally performance has not been improved perceptibly. Santa Rosa was the subsequent Centrino platform to add 802.11n sustain or maintain, as its predecessor (Napa) was refreshed to contain support for the innovative wireless standard.

The one unique characteristic by means of the intention of Santa Rosa presented by means of the intention of no additional competing mobile platform, Intel or not, possibly determine to bring to the table was a expertise called Turbo Memory. An on-motherboard flash card, Intel's Turbo Memory is premeditated to act as an additional layer in the memory hierarchy, caching data where probable and improving presentation/battery life in notebooks. A version or description of Turbo Memory determine to in addition be released for the desktop, additional than they are most interested in what it be able to do for notebooks.

I be familiar by means of with the intention of you not be able to get an intel turbo memory by means of the SSD, additional than I have comprised a 500 GB 7200 rpm hard disk and I prearranged a 2 gb intel turbo memory I am positive regarding it. The authorized dealer is convinced by means of the intention of there is a intel turbo memory in my laptop, they pronounce it says so in the paper went got it commencing from lenovo, is a lenovo merely authorized dealer and I am certain be familiar by means of additional, the noted one thing regarding windows 7 by means of the intention of the is not convinced how the 2 gb intel turbo memory demonstrate on windows 7 . I am not certain if it’s the reason, somebody has windows 7 and an intel turbo memory fixed who has the similar tribulations.

My laptop is organize for AHCI mode and the drivers I am utilizing are newer than the ones you associated.TM was running extremely well on Vista SP1, and even Windows 7 RC (utilizing the Vista drivers in compatibility-mode). I am wondering if Intel immediately released terrible drivers this round. They run presently extremely well for me. No BSOD. Essentially no BSOD in view of the fact by means of the intention of my Windows 7 RTM x64 upgrading. Have you moreover completely eliminated or upgrade the Intel Matrix Storage Drivers to the most recent version or description. This is a storage .dll driver by means of the intention of you are having tribulations by means of it. I have comprised Readyboost and Ready drive mutually facilitated by means of no tribulations. I have endeavor installing the drivers on a clean install of Windows 7, and installing the Matrix drivers previous to the Turbo memory ones.

The technology was publicly commence on October 24, 2005, at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) in Taiwan when a laptop by means of the objective of booted up approximately immediately was confirmed. The technology endeavor to decrease hard drive procedure by moving recurrently accessed data in excess of to the flash memory. Flash memory be able to be accessed faster than hard drives and necessitate less power to operate, thereby permitting laptops to operate faster at the same time as in addition being additional power efficient. The Turbo memory cache attach to a motherboard via a mini-PCIe interface. It sustains or maintains characteristic obtainable in Microsoft Windows Vista, namely ReadyBoost (a hard-drive caching resolution via USB flash drives) and ReadyDrive (a hard-drive caching solution via hybrid drives).