Thread: Massive overheating of intel q8400

Massive overheating of intel q8400

I had upgraded this system in January and it has been working great. Most recent night on the other hand at the same time as playing a game my graphics began flashing and the screen locking. I might minimize the game and the whole thing else seemed to be working extremely well. I assumed at first by means of the intention of I was having a graphics card tribulations. I was working with Nvidia Monitor and become aware of my CPU was working at 70 degrees and my GPUs were together working at 54 degrees. I shut down my system and blew the entire the dust out started it back up and my CPU was working at 60 degrees subsequent to by means of the intention of. Tranquil hot additional than superior. I checkered the entire the fans to create certain they were working and the whole thing checked out. I shut it down for the night so I might work on it later. I have comprised a full size Ultra ATX case by means of lots of space for air association and an exhaust port for the cpu fan. Two case fans, one in the front and one in the back, and a motherboard fan. What might be the problem in this somebody help me.

Re: Massive overheating of intel q8400

The fan is clean, less than a year old and absolutely working. You have comprised the innovative thermal paste on so I do not understand how I am able to be working by means of the intention of hot without even positioning a load on the cpu. I imagine the subsequently step is immediately to get a innovative fan, I am presently utilizing a Thermaltake Silent 775D Copper Core fan. If by means of the intention of does not run on the other hand are there several additional reasons why I would unexpectedly be reaching such high temperatures. I imagine you determine to play a number of games and observe how it does additional than it seems to be fixed. By means of my old fan when it was running I would hold approximately 50 degrees without a load so I imagine this one is doing superior already.

Recently I have comprise and been receiving the BSOD when playing COD4 or extended periods of source games or even immediately browser games. I reserved thinking it was software and I endeavor reinstalling and updating the entire my drivers additional than no fix. Then one day my friends told me it might be hardware for the reason by means of the intention of cpus determine to auto shutdown the pc if they get to a convinced temp. So I download PC wizard to acquire my temps and when gaming the CPU temp is approximately 60 C at the same time as the cores approximately 50 C. I in addition heard by means of the intention of the E8400 auto shutdowns at 72.4 C so I am cutting it close. Additional information in sequence is my GPU by means of fan speed at 75% is 52 C idle and 64 C load.

The Stock cooler not installed appropriately and/or insufficient airflow in the case. Consider superior case airflow and create certain the stock cooler's push pins and in my personal estimation give aftermarket cooling+a pleasant OC a number of serious thought. So its absolutely not the thermal paste. I in addition forgot to mention by means of the intention of when inaugurating the cooler most of them had a extremely hard time putting it on (took us similar to 30 mins. Maybe this is the predicament) In addition the fan taking airflow out on my case is not running. On the other hand I endeavor opening side of case and putting a cooling fan subsequently to it additional than no results. Might it be probable by means of the intention of the thermal paste is no superior.

Anyway might it be the north bridge overheating. I encompass a spare fan for the north bridge additional than was scared to position it on for the reason by means of the intention of it says in conjunction by means of passive cpus merely. The North Bridge did experience actually hot. I immediately got the parts for my innovative computer today and accumulate them. When I would power up the system, it would be supposed to off in 2 minutes, each single time. I checkered the BIOS and become aware of by means of the intention of my CPU temperature would climb commencing from 30C to 90C then shutoff. If I turn off by means of the intention of auto stuff in the BIOS I be able to go past the 2 minute shut off, additional than my temps desire to go in excess of 100C, and I turn it off previous to it gets there.

Boot into windows, run realtemp and create certain it out. The BIOS might be reporting the TCase temperature imperfectly (saw this 2 days ago on an Abit board) and for the reason by means of the intention of fan speeds and motherboard pedestal thermal shutdown is based approximately this temperature as an alternative of the core temperatures this might be your tribulations. You have to put out of action the thermal shutdown in the BIOS, inaugurate windows and do what I said earlier. If the CPU is dangerously overheating, it determine to shut itself down without external intervention commencing from the BIOS. It is borderline impracticable to damage the chip commencing from heat these days.