Thread: Want to upgrade CPU in DELL 745

Want to upgrade CPU in DELL 745

Hey I have DELL 745 .and I have planned to upgrade my CPU so that I can make it more perfect .but I am not able to upgrade it. So please tell me what I am doing wrong and what I have to keep in mind so that I can do it perfectly. I have tried to do this for 3 to 4 time but every time I am facing some problem so please tell me what I have to resolve my issue.

Re: Want to upgrade CPU in DELL 745

After buying the right new CPU, check that adequate grounding is accessible before starting to change the old CPU. To avoid harm to the well circuits on the motherboard, put on a grounding strap connected to the system’s chassis. This is supposed to be done some minutes before you get to work. It is vital to use great care while upgrading a CPU, since it is between the most fragile pieces of system tools.

To upgrade your CPU you have to make sure that the new processor is suitable to motherboard or not for that you have to Turn off your computer and take out the power cable. Remove your PC's case as well as take out the cover. After that you have to recognize your motherboard, your present processor chip, your RAM memory cards, as well as your video card. If your present motherboard does maintain the new processor you would like, purchase the new processor at a PC hardware store of your selection.

To replace the processor you have to remove your old CPU. After that you have to Open the handle on the side of the socket then get the new CPU out of the box. Then you have to Close the ZIF (zero insertion force) handle to lock the CPU. If there is a screw then you have to unscrew it off the socket. At this moment drag the CPU out. After that push the new CPU in, lining it up like previous. It will be pushed in as well as held by force or a coil mechanism or screwed in position. One time you contain the CPU; it may or may not require a heatsink. After that Power up in addition to take pleasure of your upgraded computer.