Thread: What is the maximum memory size of core i5 661

What is the maximum memory size of core i5 661

The majority of the Intel processors I encompass give the impression of being at in the precedent were geared additional towards the enthusiast, additional than this presenting commencing from Intel is geared straight at the mainstream user. As additional and more personal systems reach the point by means of the intention of they necessitate an upgrading, there has to be a valid reason to chuck the previous reliable to the side and step up to the most recent and greatest technologies. Certain, increased presentation is one reason, additional than the performance is merely part of the equation. Speeding up submission and taking advantage of the most recent technologies by means of the newest operating systems is an additional method to create the experience by means of the intention of much additional enjoyable and efficient. By having the capability to do additional at the similar time means less time in front of the magic box so you be able to spend by means of the intention of time saved on an additional project or spend by means of the intention of time with the family watching the most recent Blu-ray release on your High Def television.

Re: What is the maximum memory size of core i5 661

To create these things a actuality, Intel is releasing their innovative for 2010 Core series processors and five innovative chipsets to provide by means of the intention of improved the user's experience. Today I determine to be giving the impression of being at the Intel Core i5 661 processor and Intel DH55TC motherboard amalgamation. The Core i5 661 processor is not immediately a dual core processor, additional than has contained under the heatspreader an incorporated graphics core built on a 45nm High-k process by means of 12 implementation cores and a clock speed of 900Mhz and sports Intel's 3rd production Unified Shader Architecture. Hyper threading is utilized to augment the amount of the processor be able to have right of entry concurrently so in essence you encompass a dual core by means of the intention of acts similar to a quad core.

In the precedent, there has been a graphics chip on the motherboard by means of the CPU as its own individual. This is not the case to any further extent by means of the introduction of the Core i5 661 processor and its family. This chip is pedestal on together Intel's 32nm High-k second generation manufacturing procedure for the processor by means of a 45nm High-k procedure utilized for the incorporated graphics processor. The Clarksdale processor package is pedestal on the Nehalem micro-architecture and is accomplished of working with in the 30 to 40 watt range at idle by means of a TDP of 87 watts. This CPU in this package is rated to run at 3.33GHz and create utilize of Intel's Turbo boost technology, employs Hyper threading to augment the amount of work by means of the intention of be able to be completed, uses 4MB of Intel Smart Cache by means of the intention of is shared and vigorously allocated pedestal on the requirements of the cores.

The heatsink by means of the intention of ships by means of the Core i5 661 is, for the entire intents and purposes, the similar as the one shipped through the i5 750 as seen back in September. It is less important in stature than the stock Intel cooling solutions utilized in the past, additional than is sufficient for a processor by means of four actual cores a dual core by means of Hyperthreading and an incorporated GPU be supposed to be extremely well. Left to right, you encompass the socket 775, socket 1366 and the socket 1156 heatsink. The H55 chipset is immediately one of five chipsets being introduced to acquire advantage of the capabilities of the 17 innovative processors in the 2010 Core family. Giving the impression of being at the obstruct diagram beneath you be able to observe the introduction of the FDI or Flexible Display Interface connecting the processor and H55 chipset by means of the intention of restrain two independent channels by means of the intention of permit graphics data to be transported connecting the processor and H55 Express chipset.

They have encompassed and tested the Core i5-661 on a MicroATX motherboard, the Intel Desktop Board DH55TC, prepared by means of the H55 Express chipset. As renowned, the Core i5-661 is a 3.33GHz chip by means of two cores and Hyper-Threading hold up; the latter replicate an additional pair of cores, giving a presentation boost to multi-threaded applications such as video editors and Adobe's Creative Suite. The chip characteristic 4MB of shared cache and sustains or maintains dual-channel DDR3-133 RAM. For those programs by means of the intention of are not capable of taking advantage of numerous processing cores, the Core i5-661's Turbo Boost technology be able to speed up a processor core by means of the intention of is beneath heavy load if temperature and power-consumption limitations permit it.

The Core i5-661 characteristics a 900MHz Intel HD Graphics core by means of a variety of characteristic enhancements in excess of earlier Intel graphics chipsets. These comprise hold up or maintain for dual video decode (permitting it to increase speed Blu-ray picture-in-picture), 12-bit color in excess of DisplayPort and HDMI, and up to 1.7GB of shared video memory. The Intel HD Graphics core be able to power dual HDMI and DisplayPort connectors, if the hardware is so prepared. (The Intel motherboard most of them tested the chip on had merely HDMI, DVI, and VGA connectors.)Consequently, for the first time ever it is probable to purchase a CPU by means of the intention of characteristic a built-in GPU by means of the intention of is completely disconnect commencing from the chipset. This is recognized as a General-Purpose calculation on Graphics Processing Units (GPGPU) and refers to the technique of utilizing a GPU, which characteristically handles computation merely for computer graphics, to perform calculation in applications traditionally handled by the CPU.

I googled "core i5 maximum memory" because I would like to know the maximum memory that a core i5 based system can handle.

I presume that this would depend upon the operating system and the mother board. The computer I am interested in is an "Amphis BTO MN502iCi5," which is sold by a BTO retail outlet in Japan. I would also be interested to know the theoretical limits of a core i5, irrespective of motherboard, depending upon the OS.

By the way, I am amazed by the English in use on this thread. It looks like Engilsh but it is not like the English that I am used to. I am a British English teacher in Japan and computer nerd.

E.g.
    "characteristics." as a verb! E.g. "I characteristic British snobbishness. "
    "by means of the intention of characteristic." as if a characteristic might have an intention. I am inclined to feel that only people have intentions.
    "by means of the intention." again...what does this mean? How does an intention become a means?
    "As renowned." quite understandable but new
    "In the precedent." in the what?
    "The majority of the Intel processors I encompass." How does the writer "encompass" a processor?
    "by means of." This phrase is used a lot.

Wow! The vocabulary is extensive, but the usage is completely unfamilar to me. Everyone seems to understand each other, so this is my problem. It is fascinating to see English being used in a way that is understood by the users, that at the same time I can not understand.