Thread: Comparisons between Onboard and Dedicated Audio

Comparisons between Onboard and Dedicated Audio

For my new system that I am going to build, I am looking to an Asus Xonar Direct X audio card. I want to tell you that I have always brought dedicated sound card for my systems that I have brought in past. But now I am confuse whether to go for dedicated sound card or this time I should just use the integrated sound card. It will allow saving some money and with that money I will buy any other computer component. So I would like to buy better motherboards similar to the Asus Rampage III which encompasses a good onboard audio card. What you think about my idea it sounds good or not. Let me tell you that I rarely use sound card at the time of gaming and the time of music listening. Please give me idea that which one is better. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Re: Comparisons between Onboard and Dedicated Audio

Which kind of speaker system do you have with you? If it's middle variety or lesser then onboard then it will be all right. And if you have any real speakers and separate amplifier or receiver or best computer audio application then at that time getting a superior sound card is really good for investing the money. Also I like my Xonar STX you can attempt it out of my cold dead hands. And also I have good pair of branded speakers and a detach amplifier that is of high quality. There are some difference between my old PC with Dedicated audio and now with onboard audio card but I can't explain you that.

As far as my view am now habitual of hearing sound with my sound card, and I will not even think to go with onboard sound card. Because dedicated sound card definitely provides better sounds as compared to onboard sound card. From last five year I am using a set of Logitech x-530 speakers and a sound card. I am not telling you to go and buy directly external sound card, you should first try with the onboard sound card if it is OK for then go with it or else always stores are open, go and buy dedicated sound card.

Both the sound card has their disadvantages i.e. Even the latest ALC888 or all such onboard sound card will be lack of clarity of sound and it is the same for dedicated sound card. But most of the people won't become aware of it, since they have easy projection system speakers. For that you will require superior end speakers to notify, but if you do have facility of high range in your audio device then it is good to have sound card it really makes variation. I have heard on my home theater it sounds really good with the sound card.