Thread: Can DDR3 Graphic Card run on the DDR2 Motherboard?

Can DDR3 Graphic Card run on the DDR2 Motherboard?

I have the DDR2 Motherboard and I just want to know if at all it is possible to run the DDR3 Graphic Card on it. Well that is just the case as I want to have the system of mine upgraded. I had the Graphic Card which was the DDR2 but it just got fried and hence want to get the system upgraded here. Well please let me know about this? Also I just want to out one more question here is it really wise to have the DDR3 Graphic Card here. Is the DDR3 Graphic Card that nice and should I spent extra bugs on it. Pleas let me know about this.

Re: Can DDR3 Graphic Card run on the DDR2 Motherboard?

Well to say you franky I do not think that you will be able to have this combination really work. Well in case of the software there is some sort of compatibility and there you can have this things work with just a mere release of a patch here and let me tell you that you can not really have this here in your case and hence I think that it will be great if you can have the DDR2 Graphic Card for the DDR2 Motherboard. I am of the opinion that if you will have the DDR3 Graphic Card there are really few chances that you will be able to have this work in a better manner.

Let me tell you here that the RAM and the Graphic Card have altogether dissimilar interface. The current graphic cards that are manufactured these days are having the pci-e 16 x interfaces and because of this you will be able to fit in any pci-e graphics card into your system but the only criteria here will be that a sufficient amount of power supply has to be given. Also regarding the query that you have posted here. The DDR2 is the older version and the DDR3 is the newer one and hence I do not think that it is going to get matched here.

I am also of the same opinion as that has been framed above. Let me tell you that you will have no difficulty at all from the Graphic card but the difficulty can come from the Motherboard’s side and I think that the Motherboard should have the support for the DDR3 or else you will find yourself in a little trouble here. The DDR3 being the latest cannot get fitted in the DDR2 slot and hence I think that it will be nice if you can opt for something that can fit in the slot there. DDR3 is for sure not going to fit in the slot of the DDR2. I am sure that I must have cleared the point here.

I think that I will be here contradicting every one but I think that it is the right time to say this here. DDR 3 is compatible with the DDR 2 motherboard and I think that it will really help you here. Well I just wanted to say that the DDR 3 memory card is already on the Video Card and I think that if this is the scenario here then you will be no longer required to worry for the support of the DDR 3 here. All you need to make sure is that the slot in which you are going to fit the DDR 3 Graphic Card is AGP or at least PCI Express x16 and in addition to that please see if both; DDR 3 Graphic Card and the DDR 2 Motherboard gets matched here so that they can function well here. Please give this a try here and let me know if I am correct in saying this.

Well I think that you have got much explanation on the things that have been mentioned but I am of the opinion that it will be really great if you can have something really interesting here in your case. Well for something really interesting I have here some of threads here and I think that it will be great if you can have a look at this here. Please see these threads here: Is DDR2 memory card and DDR3 graphic card compatible? and Can I Run Any DDR2 or DDR3 Memory Graphic Card On A DDR1 RAM Processor? In the end I just want to tell that if you have the slots for the things on your motherboard then I am of the opinion that you will be able to run the things well with the system here.