Thread: Can I have the fans on the ATI HD 4670 replaced?

Can I have the fans on the ATI HD 4670 replaced?

The system that I am having at this moment with me is equipped with the ATI Radeon HD 4670 and I have seen that the fan that is mounted on top of it is really not working fine on it and I think that it will be simply great if you all here can suggest something here on this that is related to the Fans of this graphic card. I have seen that the Fans are really noisy and I want to get rid of the noise here. Can you all here please tell me which fan can be used here so that I can have the solution in my case? Also I wanted to have the graphic card updated here and will be happy if you all can come up with the suggestions on this. Please let me know from where I can have the fans for this card at the cheapest rate here.

Re: Can I have the fans on the ATI HD 4670 replaced?

Well I think that it will be great if you can have the fans of the Graphic card cleared and I think that it will be the best way to go with this here. Please open up the case and see if the fans of the Graphic card are dusted a lot. Please see this as I am of the opinion that it can be causing you the issue. Also I think that it will be great if you can have the driver of the graphic card updated and see if that too can help you in this matter here.

What is the driver’s version that you are using here. I have seen that the ATI Company has this time released the 8.8 version of the driver here and I think that it can be used here so that the speed of the fans can be altered in some manner here. Also if that does not help you here then I think that you can make use of the recent versions of ATI tray tools here so that you can monitor the things here in a pretty nice way. Well try to make use of the third party application like Fan Speed here and see if you can monitor the speed of the fans that are on the Motherboard and the Graphic Card here.

I think that you will have to install the latest drivers for the ATI Graphic Card that you have in your system. As ATI keeps on releasing the software on the weekly basis and so if you had done the upgrade already then I think that visiting the official site and getting the updated drivers from there can really do the trick for you. Well try doing this here and also let me know about the same. You will have to fed in the proper model of the Graphic Card and the operating system that you are having on the system and accordingly you will have the drivers for you. Please try this and let me know if that really helped you here.

In my opinion it will be great if you can put up some oil in the fan and see if that can help a bit with the noise of the fan that you are having here. Just remove the fan from there and try to put some thin oil there in it. You will have to pour the oil in the spindle and while you are pouring the oil see that you keep the fans spinning here. Also it will be great if you can blow the fan while you are oiling the oil here as that will really help you to spin the fans faster and you will see that oil will get into the spindle in a better manner.

It will be really great if you can have the drivers of the ATI installed again as in my case that really helped a lot and will hope the same in your case as well. Well that was the short solution indeed and if you want you can go with the RBE acronym for Radeon BIOS Editor. I do not think that you will be able to find the fans that can fit on your Graphic Card and if at all you want I think that you will be required to make a call to the ATI itself. But if you want you can make use of the RBE here. You will be able set the fan speed at various temperatures. Please while dealing with the BIOS; be careful because if the settings for the fan go wrong then the fan will be in no condition to spin. So; please while dealing with this be little careful.