Thread: AMD Athlon 2 X3 425 is not working with Phenom 2 X4

AMD Athlon 2 X3 425 is not working with Phenom 2 X4

Hello everyone this is my first post to any forum actually I am here to learn something as I am using the system with the windows XP and having these tow processor that is AMD Athlon 2 X3 425 and AMD Phenom 2 X4. But I am getting an error that it is crashing the Firefox after I unlocked the fourth core with the 6mb L3 cache but the internet explorer is working fine. And also I want the information that how can I test the fourth core for stability from the processor. Please help me and let know all the information about what I have asked as I am always referring this forum for the solution and also to gain the knowledge as I found that this forum provides some accurate solutions. Please help me.

Re: AMD Athlon 2 X3 425 is not working with Phenom 2 X4

Hello, I just require a bit of recommendation regarding what I have presently done. I have the on top of CPU ATHLON II x3 2.7 and ASUS M4A77D Mother board and I have been glancing into over clocking it intended for to observe what would take place so any method messing roughly in the BIOS in CPU setting is a list of options called set free so I allow it the it provide me the alternative to unlock cores on the CPU and here it was 4 CORES so I allow that and put aside modify reboot the PC and leave into BIOS and it was viewing PHENOM II X4 and L3 cache 6M. Booted system up and dash CPU-Z this is screening the similar ran Windows practice and that at what time from 6.9 to 7.2 on processor achieve good too verify TEMP of CPU throughout BIOS and all appear very well fingers crossed. Please help me. Query is should I be gaze out for somewhat I don’t be familiar with about since I have done desire to fry up my CPU or will it be secure?

Hello all, I am new here and I have seen some similar question so I have some questions. I merely flashed reorganized bios and put to let loose mode and physical for core detection, upon reboot it documented the fourth core. I did not building any voltage modify and comprise not overclocked something. MY system setup is as follows:
    HItachi 500gb HD
    APEVIA X-QBOII Mini overlook Computer box 500W Power delivers
    WD caviar Hard Disk having 500 GB space
    ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard
    Two CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800
    AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana 3.1GHz by means of stock heat sink
    Samsung DVDRW 1 x 120mm fan at frontage of box, 2 x 80mm exhaust back fans, 120mm surface overtop of processor, and my questions are as follows I hope any one from there will able help to me.
    • Is my heat on asusprobe exactly receiving a reading? I read that the analysis is no longer suitable and I am not certain how to acquire a lock reading.
    • Is my supply heatsink and fan leaving to be capable to hold the fourth core, can I perform a few overclocking?
    • The L3 cache did not open, should I at rest attempt to awake the Core and Vcpu-nb?
    • Can I dash prime 95 and not be anxious regarding overheating the CPU? It unused at 27C according to probably incorrect ASUSProbeII.

I am not sure it will help you but I think it is helpful you in some extent so I think you should go through the stuffs I am giving here. A little things about your novel unlock you still contain an Athlon, not a Phenom; it is at the present an Athlon X4. You should utilize a program such as Coretemp to screen your temperatures as it is the majority accurate program for analysis. If you are anxious about the correctness of it, modify the processor reverse to 3 cores, ensure the analysis, toggle to 4 cores and if you are receiving the similar readings it is correct. Your stock heat sink is the similar as is integrated by means of the X4's so it will be very well for very reasonable overclocking, although I wouldn't suggest going much further than stock velocity. Last, your L3 won't open as you don't contain a Phenom chip, it doesn't subject what you perform to the chip and it will all the time exists an Athlon chip. You can run Prime95, although be conscious that by means of a stock cooler, it will still be liable to acquire hot as stock coolers are not destined to dash a processor at 100% all the time. Expect this assist by means of some of your problem.