Thread: Need help to upgrade Dell XPS M1210 Motherboard

Need help to upgrade Dell XPS M1210 Motherboard

My XPS M1210 by means of NVIDIA Gpu failed, whilst I forgot what was the genuine error code, the result was CPU Failure. On the other hand reading so much regarding XPS motherboard failures by means of the Nvidia chipset I feel by means of the intention of the error might be spurious and might well be motherboard tribulations. I have comprised and got a 2nd hand cpu on the method to test first additional than presently in case I have been searching for motherboard substitution. My Motherboard part no, is CN-0HN110-12961-718-2549 Rev A01 there are additional than a small number of dissimilar types of boards obtainable from side to side ebay at circa US$220 additional than it is essentially confusing to figure out which is which. The preponderance of sellers are commencing from HK, the explanation and creation photos are lacking, and in numerous cases they utilize the similar stock photo for together models.

Re: Need help to upgrade Dell XPS M1210 Motherboard

If you do not desire the specter of an additional nvidia chip failure, the merely alternative is the board by means of Intel integrated video. In most cases, you determine to in addition necessitate an innovative heatsink assembly, as the one utilized in the system by means of Intel video is dissimilar commencing from the one utilized for nVidia video. I have not seen anybody selling the heatsink assembly although. Nevertheless, does anybody be familiar by means of the respond to my original query, what is the dissimilar connecting the entire those dissimilar motherboard numbers. The entire of the boards determine to work in an M1210 minor revisions are made the entire along the way resulting in part numeral changes. Not always the case, additional than not certain what else to go on. So it would be great if I might get details of what the dissimilar numbers mean the additional thing by means of the intention of confuses me, is for illustration the GU059, I am told by one seller it is NVIDIA gpu, an additional says it's Intel.

Well I must be in someone’s superior books at the split second. I contacted XPS hold up or maintain for Australia and New Zealand, and regardless of my motherboards failure reason: CPU Error they presented to reinstate my motherboard under the similar terms as those by means of the GPU Failures. The tech inaugurated it today, and the label on the fraction was R055P, and they said it might observe by means of the intention of the GPU had been replaced. So by means of the intention of is what Dell does when they demeanor the repairs, return the defective GPU ones and repair/replace. My previous GPU was a GO7400-N-A3, additional than the innovative one was G07400T-N-A3, by means of the intention of is the merely dissimilarity I might tell commencing from the model number. Thanks for the assist, it is superior to be familiar by means of the options if it ever fails the entire in excess of again.

I have comprised an dell xps m1210 by means of nvida gefore 7400, up in anticipation of 3 weeks ago my lcd screen start to do something out of sync, extremely thing be converted into blury and display diminutive wavy line across the screen, particularly by means of picture background or worst when you endeavor to watch a movie, it is similar to you watching a negative film by means of some color. Did somebody productively call dell technical support and encompass them replace the motherboard when you system is out of warranty. By reading this discussion, I recognize by means of the intention of dell aware of these tribulations and encompass enlarge warranty for xps m1210 for an additional 12 months. My 12 months of conservatory haved passed in 2009.

I have a comparable problem by means of my laptop display. Hooked up to an exterior monitor, each time it gives the impression of being perfect. Text seems extremely well, even perfect. Several video or image is poor, even if it's immediately a color background. Windows XP SP3. Re install of Nvidea drivers, rationalized MB Award flash, do not have original install disks/set up. The innovative laptop LCD screen no revolutionize. Is there a Dell unambiguous bios/driver set I necessitate. I observe the video image distortion (sporadic diminutive horizontal lines, essentially noise) even on boot up. Are there a bios or chipset / motherboard attach for this. I started observing this subsequent to I hooked up to an exterior monitor for the kids to watch a movie, perhaps screwed up the settings in the bios. I in addition have a Dell XPS m1210 which has a fried graphics card.

No I would not say by means of the intention of imagine the 1210 is far superior then the XPS 1330.If you desire to replace the motherboard the system determine to be extremely well for almost certainly another 3 years, barring hard drive or memory tribulations. You are going to encompass to decide what you desire to do, repair it, or get an additional system. If it was me, I would repair it, by means of the intention of system is not prepared to be scrapped by no means. Additional than similar to I said in preceding position, when my system had this tribulations, dell had to replace the whole thing >MOBO>Memory>CPU>and GPU. Additional than he is working with overwhelming and flawless in view of the fact by means of the intention of then. Excavation was covered beneath warranty so I guess you might say, it is straightforward for me to say fix it. Additional than at present, less than 2 months subsequent to it was reinstate, my replacement motherboard has died totally.