Thread: I am not able to overclock in intel core 2 quad q9550

I am not able to overclock in intel core 2 quad q9550

I am having a number of tribulations endeavoring to get my Q9550 to 3.4ghz. I am not certain if I am missing a step, additional than I am subsequent the instructions. I have comprised an (MSI) Intel G31M3 V2 motherboard, and I am not certain how well it sustains or maintain overclocking, additional than it has the alternatives in the BIOS to do so. Each time I have endeavor, the computer mechanically shuts off and restarts (as expected) as almost immediately as I save the BIOS. Additional than when the system turns back on, I get a black screen as if the system was tranquil shut off (monitor standby light), even although the entire the fans and peripheral apparatus started as normal. The most important problem is almost certainly due to the fact by means of the intention of the BIOS presents completely zero voltage options.

Re: I am not able to overclock in intel core 2 quad q9550

I had recently updated the BIOS productively. Tranquil gives me the similar tribulations. The description in my mobo's physical says by means of the intention of it sustains or maintains FSB 800/1066/1333, I am wondering if it is incorrect. I have comprised and had several topics so a number of you might be familiar by means of my tribulations. I have got an innovative P45 motherboard coming in and I determine to be overclocking the entire day. At present I do encompass a temperature tribulations. more than a few programmers such as RealTemp demonstrate insane low temperatures and 100% erroneous. I have endeavor reapplying TIM additional than a small number of times and remounting the cooler as well. The temperatures encompass stayed the similar all the way through the adventure.

Are your temps commencing from the G43 board. I would envisage if it is, when you get the P45 board it be supposed to give you additional precise temps. Anyway here is a screened of my temps subsequent to regarding 8 hours of Prime 95. I was utilizing a Coolermaster V8 on an Abit IX38 Quad GT motherboard. Yes, they are commencing from the G43 board. I consideration the temperature sensors were on the processor. A superior, well even then I would approximating to be familiar by means of what kind of clocks and temperatures you lot encompass got they are on the CPU, additional than the motherboard might be reading them incorrect. When I first position my Q9550 in my IX38 it read the temps as 103c. I had to bring up to date the bios to get the temps to read appropriately. I might be wrong although.

I have heard of the temp sensors receiving wedged. On one occasion you heat the cores up beyond by means of the intention of point, they might demonstrate the right temp. Most excellent thing you be able to do is wait for the board and observe what occur when you give it a number of juice. Regarding the drivers, I would suggest downloading the most recent. If you are installing Windows 7 it be supposed to pick up most/the entire of your hardware. I would go commencing from there and get the most recent versions or descriptions of the whole thing. I have comprised and got Windows 7 Ultimate, determine to by means of the intention of even download drivers for my motherboard mechanically. Cool characteristic, did not be familiar by means of. I had immediately installed the innovative monitor and the new-fangled motherboard. I in addition did a fresh Windows 7 32-bit installation.

There are regarding 10 voltages I be able to adjust and I merely be familiar by means of of 3. Bit worried. Have comprised and written down the entire of the alternative by means of the intention of I did not be familiar by means of accurately. The underlined alternative is what it is on at present. This is assuming you be capable to monitor your NB temps, departure it on auto. Additional than it be supposed to be extremely well. The P45's are enormous chipsets by means of the wolfdale/yorkfield chips. By means of the hyper 212, and perhaps a number of superior ram, depending on what the speed of yours is, you be supposed to easily be capable to hit 4 ghz. Get some ram rated at 1066, and position the multi to 8.5, and the fsb to 471, and play approximately by means of your vcore. Yes, additional than I mean the third and the fourth core. They're 42/43/44 etc. on all the other frequencies. Now I'm at a higher one and they're 40 maximum.

You be supposed to test the restrictions of your RAM to observe how high it determine to go. Then you determine to be familiar by means of if, when you reach the point of receiving errors, you be familiar by means of if it is your CPU or your RAM. To test the RAM, immediately set the CPU Multi to incredible low and then gradually up the FSB. Burn a CD or setup a flash drive by means of a copy of Memtest86 and then run tests numeral 5 and 8 commencing from side to side one pass and observe if it goes from side to side without errors. If so, reboot, up the FSB, and endeavor the entire in excess of again. I would recommend situation the RAM voltage to no matter what the maximum spec is scheduled moreover on the RAM label itself or on the producer website. Frequently the RAM SPD determine to set the voltage to a lower setting for 400Mhz (defaulting) operation.