Thread: Installed memory 4GB ram but 3GB is usable in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Installed memory 4GB ram but 3GB is usable in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I have set up Windows 7 Ultimate x64. In System Properties, Windows inform me I contain 4Gb RAM but simply 3Gb is working which is shown in the following manner format: Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable). Proceeding to this fitting, I have Vista Ultimate x64 set up and that forever showed 4GB and every of it was useable. What is it regarding Windows 7 that has altered this? If this is certainly a trouble source by BIOS settings, I have not distorted them in any method so does this signify that Windows 7 modify the BIOS settings at the position of install? I do not consider this to be connected to a number of memories being owed to my Graphics Card; it previously has 512MB of enthusiastic memory. Why would Windows 7 allocate it one more 1GB of RAM, giving me a whole of 1.5GB graphics memory? As I supposed, this was by no means a trouble on Vista Ultimate x64. Please help me.

Re: Installed memory 4GB ram but 3GB is usable in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Before going to the solution for the problEm you are having I want to know the specification of the system. Can you list what model of motherboard, processor and graphics card you are utilizing? The “Hardware or BIOS reserved” is positioning towards the kind of motherboard you contain. I be familiar with you said you didn’t observe this by means of Vista, but let’s ensure we rule it out now in case.

I think there are two cases why these things are happening to you which I am describing below so that you will be able to get the solution by means of these two conditions:
    • It is occurring because of the maximum memory might have not been enable into the BIOS.
    • It is also possible that the maximum memory might not be configured into the advanced boot alternative.

To check by means of your BIOS producer and also to know how to allow the maximum memory. You need to follow the points given below:
    • First of all go to the search bar and then type msconfig and then press to the center.
    • After doing this the System Configuration window will be open on the display.
    • And then you will get the tab which is named as boot and then click on it.
    • Now click on "Advanced Options" and uptick the box intended for "Maximum Memory".

I was having the same issue so that I have done the thing which I am describing here. I was using MSCONFIG to ensure windows started by means of all four CPU cores. I presume I too chosen utilize maximum memory alternative as well. In windows reserve Monitor 1026 MB was put sideways for "Hardware Reserved". I unselected the "utilize maximum memory" and at the present Windows 7 information the complete memory and the Hardware set aside go down to zero. Hope it assist someone also.