Thread: Unable to boot DX58SO, BIOS 5020 and Gulftown

Unable to boot DX58SO, BIOS 5020 and Gulftown

I attempted to set up BIOS 5020 on DX58SO Intel chipset 965 with Windows 7 Ultimate. Finished Windows effectively but will not reboot or carry out any BIOS reflash or something else. Even attempted case-stripping and undressed testing with only CD-ROM connects to SATA. Fans revolve for 2 seconds. Power cut for three seconds, then startup perpetually but no video. Attempted recovery BIOS without removing the battery alternate power deliver and memory and eliminate all case header connections and hard drive connections. In fact, the Intel 965 will not boot a brand fresh DX58SO or a brand new Asus P6T-LE. At this point, I figure the 965 is trying. So, how does one find a Gulftown to work on DX58SO? Gulftown does not boot by means of BIOS on fresh DX58SO board from Newegg, so I assume the board wants an update to BIOS 5020, the first one that carry Gulftown. Should I be by means of ISO BIOS modernize procedure? Any suggestion would be respected as my assurance level has been much reduced by this disaster.

Re: Unable to boot DX58SO, BIOS 5020 and Gulftown

I flashed working win 7 x64 systems by means of the DX58SO and the ex965 to bios rev 5020 however in my case it would boot afterwards. I'm in the making for the after that rev bois to carry on my troubleshooting by means of the 5020 troubles I've seen. The most awful is you don't know if your troubleshooting has zapped the cpu. So, in this case you need to divide the ex965 as of the motherboard. Then attempt to boot or fix the bios by means of a known good cpu. Be sure to switch that ex (pensive) 965 by means of tlc.

I think in this case you need to perform an USB boot or you can do the F7 boot which can be done by without using the CD drive. If this also doesn’t work then try checking the motherboard processor socket pins that might be damaged so that you are not able to boot the system. I hope this might be helpful to you so try using these things which might be helpful to you.

As in the above post you have done a flashing to the bios which I think will not do anything to your CPU. It will just rinse your current BIOS I think apart from doing this you need to try to recover back to the previous BIOS. As you will try to do this you need to remove the battery and then let it out for sometimes. Then after this you can try. I hope this will helpful to you.

As per your description I think your intel 965 is OK and DX58SO was rinsed I think as you have suggested to do remove the battery from the system so I think this will also not be helpful to you I mean it will also not resurrect the motherboard. I think installing the 5020 or later BIOS using USB-floppy set up method on a fresh DX58SO will help to Gulftown installed and runs fine. The Gulftown is an extraordinary processor it routinely produce 20-25,000 points per day in folding at Home at the same time as also driving two GTX 460 graphics cards.