Thread: Overheating error in i5 760

Overheating error in i5 760

Hello friends, I had recently brought an i5 760 CPU and an ASUS motherboard which I used it for stockfan and heatsink. I don’t know what happened when I booted it without the monitor it beeped once; I thought that everything is fine. So, then I decided to boot it with monitor. Suddenly, I am getting a message of overheating. I was not able to find what went wrong? Then, I pressed F1 and started installing windows but after that the temperature was between 98.1 to 98.6 C. Then, immediately I turned the system off and restarted the heatsink. I don’t know what had happened? Did it affect my system? I don’t know what had happened? If you have any such information related to this query than please let me know.

Re: Overheating error in i5 760

I don’t think that there was any such big problem which made you so much tensed. The main thing which you forgot to do was that you have not mentioned the shutting point where as you have mentioned the starting point. So, when it started overheating. I think that the heatsink was not proper. I think that there is nothing to worry which can either harm your system. But still you need to maintain the stockfan and heatsink properly.

I think that the problem was in your heatsink. As, heatsink has the capacity to bring all the heat at its place. After, that stockfan could throw it out. But the heatsink was not functioning properly which resulted in overheating of the system. Due to improper function of heatsink, the overloading of heat took place. I think that there is nothing to worry but still you need to be careful next time when you performing such operations.

If your heatsink or stockfan is not performing or not able to handle the heat properly then some companies have a program such as stress test software where they test that which parts are to be replaced or which is damaged. They get it replaced which makes it load free. Usually, it can show up in rare cases where it could have a high CPU load. Even, if any parts get damaged then o it wills replaceable if the problem is related to heatsink or fanstock.

You know that the function of a heatsink is to remove all the heat which is present in the CPU. It collects all the heat and then the stockfan throws them all. This is very important as for the performance of the CPU; there should be no load in it. I think that if there is too much load in CPU, I don’t think that it will perform well. Heatsink usually reduces the overheating which takes place in CPU. I think you should get replace your heatsink and stockfan if it’s not functioning well.