Thread: Want to Upgrade the tower/motherboard/processor

Want to Upgrade the tower/motherboard/processor

Currently I am using an old Dell Dimension 2400. According to me, This machine's motherboard & processor has became pathetic. I have started upgrading this desktop system by upgrading its hard drive, ram and sound card. But I guess these upgradation are useless unless I upgrade the motherboard and processor of this machine. I am in search of good tower/motherboard/processor which can make my desktop running with lightening speed.

Re: Want to Upgrade the tower/motherboard/processor

Best way to get the motherboard and processor for your dell dimension would be to contact with the dealer from where you have bought this machine though it is not necessary to contact with the same dealer as you can go to the nearest one. Actually they would be having much better idea about upgrading the CPU and motherboard for your machine. As you have not mentioned the RAM, Sound card etc that you have already upgraded on your machine. But it becomes mandatory to check the compatibility of new motherboard with these hardwares.

I suggest you to get an Intel's new core that is Core i5 or at least you should get the Core i3 processor but make sure that you have got the compatible motherboard for the same. Once you have got this configuration then you would be very much proud to say that your Intel's Core i machine and it will let you play even high graphical games without any graphic card.

I suggest you to go to an official website of the Dell where you would be getting proper recommendations for having a new motherboard and processor for your machine. But when it comes to the CPU tower then these days it has became necessary to have larger cases as they are much more comfortable for air ventilation and it helps a lot while upgrading or adding the graphic card to your machine. If your CPU tower would be bigger then you can easily select any graphic card irrespective of thinking about its size whether it will fit in your CPU Tower or not.