Thread: Improving CPU fan speed on DG45ID

Improving CPU fan speed on DG45ID

I have updated my BIOS by downloading and installing update for BIOS on DG45ID desktop board. After the updation of BIOS I restarted my system. After the system restarts I am facing problem with my CPU fan. The CPU fan is responsible for the cooling of the CPU. The speed of the fan changes automatically such as on certain period of time the speed is 1000rpm and after some time it changes to 2700rpm. I need a solution through which I can control the speed of the fan which helps to improve the performance of the system.

Re: Improving CPU fan speed on DG45ID

The CPU fan is responsible for cooling the CPU from overheating. Due to the overheating of CPU your system performance may degrade. You can adjust the speed of the CPU fan so that you can gain maximum performance. To control the speed of the CPU fan you may need to follow the below steps:
    1. Go to the start/control panel. In the control panel window, click on the “Performance and Maintenance” and then select power saver.
    2. Depending upon your requirements such as you can move the slider to upward to increase the speed or move the slider to downward to decrease the speed of the CPU fan.
    3. Click on apply, ok button to apply the selected settings.
    4. You can view the speed of the processor by going to the start/ Run and in the run window type “dxdiag”. After typing “dxdiag” press the enter key.
    5. Select system tab and you can view the speed.

There are number of free ware software available which can be used for controlling the speed of the CPU fan. You can make use of SensorsView software which is a freeware utility that can be used for many purpose. SensorsView software can be used for monitoring the speed of the CPU, motherboard, hard drive and fan speed. The installation of SensorsView software is very easily and it has user friendly interface. Also you can make use of Hardware sensors monitor 4.4.3.5 software which is used for tracking chips on the motherboard, tracking CPU temperature and also for cooling of CPU fan.

Thanks for giving me the solution for controlling the speed of the CPU fan. From the above solution it was possible for me to control the speed of the fan and also the performance of the system was increased. After increasing the speed of the CPU fan, it started to make noise. I want some solution through which I can troubleshoot the noise in CPU fan so that it doesn’t make noise after increasing the speed.

You may solve the noise problem of CPU fan very easily by cleaning the fan. To troubleshoot the noise of the CPU fan you can make use of compressed air can to clean the power supply. Before using the compressed air can you should shake it and start to spray it on the fan. If the problem is not solved then you can use replace the power supply. After replacing the power supply restart the computer system to ensure that the unwanted noise from the CPU fan has been solved.

If the CPU fan is not installed correctly then it may also cause the noise problem. Ensure that the CPU fan is installed properly. If the problem of the CPU fan noise exists then you can change the CPU fan. After replacing the CPU fan, restart the system and check if the noise problem of CPU fan has been resolved. You can also try to upgrade to more powerful CPU fan if the problem is not solved.