Thread: Intel DG41RQ beeps at boot

Intel DG41RQ beeps at boot

I have assembled a new computer with Intel DG41RQ motherboard and Intel E7400 process. I have placed 2 GB DDR2 667mhz memory modules, 250GB hard drive, and DVD/RW. It is running under Windows XP operating system. Every time when I start the computer then it beeps once and after that it comes up with the Intel screen. After that it beeps once again and then starts to load the operating system. All the other things are fine and it is running without any error. I am afraid that if it harms my computer. Please tell me that if it is the normal behavior with this board or I have to do some this to fix this problem.

Re: Intel DG41RQ beeps at boot

Normally your system speaker beeps when there is any problem with the RAM. These beeps noise have different meanings according to the number of beeps and gaps between those beeps. To check if that is the problem with the RAM or not, you should turn your computer off and open the cabinet. Remove the RAM from your board and clean that softly with a soft cloth. You can also use an eraser and rub that to the connecting wires on the RAM. Now insert it again to its slot and start your computer. This time it will not give the sound like that if it was due to improper connection of the RAM.

As you told that you have 2GB memory in modules. So my suggestion to you is to insert one RAM at a time and start the computer. See if it is giving you the same beep noise. Again insert the second RAM and check it. Do this for all the modules. If you find the one which is creating the problem then you can remove that and in place of that you can insert another one if you want.

It may be due to the BIOS in your system. It may be corrupted or outdated and that is why it is making such beep noise. You should search for the latest version of the BIOS and upgrade the existing one with that. Many of the times, I have seen that upgrading the BIOS solves the problems like that. You should also give it a try and I hope that this will do the same for you. Good Luck!!!

I am also using the Intel DQ45CB and I am also getting the same problem of getting beep sound at startup. One of my friends suggested me to look in the BIOS for the option to disable beep. I searched on each and every tab of the BIOS but not found any such option. I thing that it is the default behavior of the board. As it is not showing any other problem so I am not worrying about that. So don’t worry about that and keep on using it. It will not harm your computer in any manner.

I would like to tell you that there is one setting in the BIOS setup for your motherboard. This is called as hard drive Acoustic Management (AAM). If you have enabled this then your motherboard will boot when it is booted. So you need to check the AAM for the computer is locked to "Quiet" for every connected hard drives. If you can’t see this setting then you have to revert it to Quiet and check if it shows you any improvement.

I have two DG41RQ motherboards and I also get two beeps on every boot. It is not due to any RAM or BIOS problem, but rather the motherboard is designed as such. Hence, you cannot get rid of the beeps, unless you remove the beeper itself. Hope this answers your query.