Thread: Troubleshooting beep sound on DG41WV board

Troubleshooting beep sound on DG41WV board

Recently I have purchased DG41WV desktop board of Intel because of its multitasking feature. It has 2 slots for DDR3 RAM, eight back panels for USB support. DG41WV desktop board is basically designed for windows vista and windows 7 operating system. While starting the system I am facing problem. As soon as the system starts there is beeping noise appearing in the system. I need to know about different beep sound and the solution for troubleshooting it.

Re: Troubleshooting beep sound on DG41WV board

You system may have some problem as a result of this problem you may get the beep sound when the system starts. When you are getting the beep noise after the system starts then you can easily resolve it depending upon the beep codes. There are different types of beep code and it may be resolved by using different methods. After starting the system if you don’t hear the beep sound then there is problem with your computer power supply, motherboard or the speaker. Because of this problem you may not hear the beep sound.

If you are getting two beep sound then there is a memory leak problem. To fix the memory leak problem you may need to play a video. If the video is running fine then memory leaking problem is not there. If the video is running with an parity error message then you need to check your SIMM. Also you can reset the SIMM and then reboot the system. After the system restarts parity error will be resolved.

If your system gives 5 or 6 beeps then there is a problem of CPU failure. If the CPU is failed then in that case you can replace the CPU. The chip on the motherboard might not be working properly then you can reset the chip. If resetting the chip doesn’t resolves the problems then you need to replace the chip.

If the system gives 10 short beeps then there is a problem with the CMOS battery in your system. In order to solve the CMOS battery error you may require to replace all the chips associated with the CMOs battery. Instead of replacing the chip you can replace the motherboard and the problem of 10 beeps will be resolved.

You might be getting sometimes 11 short beeps when your system starts. In order to resolve the 11 beeps error you may need to check your L2 cache memory. If your L2 cache memory is corrupted then your computer may have disabled it. You can reactivate your L2 cache memory but you must not do because it can harm your system. To solve the L2 cache memory error you may need to replace the CPU.