Thread: No sound on Intel DG31PR

No sound on Intel DG31PR

Well I really do not know what the issue here is with this Motherboard here. I have recently upgraded the Motherboard of mine as I was having issues with the Internet connection on it. The LAN port on it was dead and there were many issues along with it so I just switched to a new Motherboard. Now I have seen that there are sound issues here with this Motherboard. I have the Windows 7 installed on my system and on the previous Motherboard it was running well and hence I do not think that this can be the issue for this. Please help me with the issues here so that I can enjoy all the features of the Motherboard here. Any help in this matter will be really appreciated. Hope to get the replies soon.

Re: No sound on Intel DG31PR

Well what is the bit version of the Windows 7 that you have on your system. Please let me know about this. Actually the thing is that if you have the Windows 7 64 bit then let me tell you that you are bound to get such issues as there are no drivers in the market that can help you with the proper functioning of the Motherboard with the new operating system. Well I think that you had got the issues of that you had mentioned above probably because of this and would suggest you to uninstall the operating system before it comes up with the same issues with this new motherboard here. Well see if you can have the drivers for the same from the official site. Please let me know if you were able to have that in your case.

I have already been to the official site of the Intel as I was also of the same opinion that the issue that you are getting is because of the lack of the drivers but when I made the visit there I have seen that there are no drivers there for the Windows 7 64 bit and let me tell you that they have the drivers for the Windows 7 32 bit and if you want you can have that for you and see if that can help a bit there. Please let me know if that was the case there.

I think that if you have the drivers for the Windows 7 32 bit then you should give this a try as I have heard that the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 is capable of handling both the software whether it is 32 bit or the 64 bit. It is going to work in both the cases. So I think that you can have those drivers from there and you will be able to have the sound back on the system of yours. Please download the drivers and burn it on the CD and then go with the clean installation of the Drivers here and then see if that can help a bit here.

Well I do not think that the drivers that are made for the 32 bit are going to work for the 64 bit platform of the Windows 7. I think that they are altogether different and are not at all going to work in the manner that you have looked for. Please try to see for the 64 bit drivers and if you are not able to see the 64 bit drivers of the Windows 7 then you can go with the 64 Bit drivers of the Windows Vista. Well I have seen some of the cases where it has worked in this manner and hence would like to see if this can help with the same scenario here. Hope that you can have this in proper manner.