Thread: Intel i7 950 High Temperatures with Noctua

Intel i7 950 High Temperatures with Noctua

Here my setup: I have Intel i7 950, ASUS P6x58D-E and Noctua nh-d14. I am beginning to overclock but I contain a trouble, devoid of Overclocking my temperatures are in full load: 73-70-69-67. I think they are quite high for stock settings and a Noctua. I attempted overclocking with the assist of a friend to 3.7 and the temperatures are 75+. I know possibly is a mosaic trouble something associated with thermal paste but anybody have a suggestion or something I can endeavor to overclock it to 3.7 and don’t contain those high temperatures. So please provide a few details about this to know this more easily. Also provide a few help about Intel Noctua.
    Last edited by maheja; 10-12-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Re: Intel i7 950 High Temperatures with Noctua

You said it manually, reapply the thermal paste. Make sure the connections; test the fans and the response if it is not okay. Attempt to place more to VTT and inferior to Vcore. Stock settings on auto-voltage might be the similar settings you require to hit 3.6 GHz for all we make out. As well, what is your ambient? What does CPU-Z illustrate as the recent Vcore at the identical time as running Prime?

Auto-volts will occasionally nourish 1.4v+ to the CPU even at stock clocks which is sufficient voltage for a few CPUs to hit 4 GHz. You could be giving it the voltage it wants to overclock it to where you require and not at all know it. There was a post lately of someone’s CPU getting above 1.5v at stock settings that is auto voltages. It is extremely pleasant ambient temperature. You should not be observing more than about 48 to 50 degree centigrade load tops at stock clocks while priming.

Your voltage is not that elevated and your temperatures are upper than they should be considering your ambient temperature. In all sincerely, you could maybe hit 4 GHz with concerning 1.3v may be less so at least you will recognize your temperatures should be alright for that. I would attempt resetting your heatsink and observe if things progress. While you apply your thermal paste, just make use of a bit blob the size of a grain of rice in the middle of the CPU. It will extend out consistently while you bolt down the cooler. Be certain it is tightened opposite corners and even force. See if your temperatures pick up or improve then….

With your ambient temperature, I hit 55 C maximum at 4 GHz below linX. I had awful temperature previous to I squeeze the screws. Place truly a small number of their paste dropped my temperatures dissimilarity between cores. You can as well insert a third fan. Alter the fans. I have condensed my unique temperature by 13 to 14 C, 68C to 55 C, maximum. My CPU is maybe generating less heat as I don't contain HT. You will possibly contain 10 degree C dissimilarity because of that. These idle temperatures are truly irregular. I bet the heatsink is faultily seated. And test your fans, be certain they are both driving on the similar direction, did that error the first time I setup it, was not paying attention.