Thread: Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q9550 unable to get it OC'ed

Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q9550 unable to get it OC'ed

I am actually new in this stuff but I know the overclocking very well. I know the basics but that also not help me. I contain Q9550 at stock speed and I am annoying to get it to minimum 3.6.
    My System specification:
    Code:
    XFX 780i motherboard
    Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q9550
    RAM 4 GB of PC2 
    GFX = GTX285 2GB
    The troubles I obtained are:
    All prime95 tests that I ran number 2 stopped up in 5 minutes; anything Voltages, anything FSB Just not on stash. To solve this issue I just followed one video, but that is also not that, which I require to know some additional thing which I should do. The one thing I feel is strange that if I place my BIOS settings on 1:1 FSBRAM I will contain a 1400 MHZ DRAM frequency but I don’t think that is supposed to occur. Therefore I as well place it on Unlinked and at 800 MHz. I as well attempted Synchronize Mode and 3:4 and Auto. But all would not alter a thing. I attempted many voltages on the Core that would not work. I have as well endeavored to place my FSB voltage on 1.4 that is the red one but that did not assist also. I utilized to have a Q8200 and it as well gave me problem OC'ing so it might be a difficulty with my RAM? What can I perform to overclock my CPU steady? Please provide a little bit of help for this.

Re: Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q9550 unable to get it OC'ed

First thing, just pull out a stick of that RAM and locate out accurately what you contain. After that go find out what the manufacture utters the CAS timings should be and the voltage. After that go place those values yourself in the BIOS. As well, I think you are a little puzzled on the FSB or DRAM ratios and how it narrated to overclocking the CPU. If you still contain questions later than giving that a read come back and I will try to assist you further.

Later than taking a look at your post I thought that you should talk about that going up to the max Vcore is not compulsory and will almost surely lastingly damage your CPU, as will going too far with over voting any of the additional components. Earlier than you attempt something in your system set the whole thing back to default values and get a few base line test results.

In point of fact, that is normal. The actual trouble is with the way NVIDIA tags FSB and DDR inside the BIOS. Nvidia utilizes the quad forced FSB value in the BIOS and dual pumped DDR rate. Thus at the defaults 333 FSB, the BIOS will interpret 1333 FSB and a 1:1 RAM Ratio will as well be 1333 MHz, that is 666 MHz x 2 DDR. The ratio 1:1 is actually destined for DDR3 Boards like the 790i because DDR3 is competent of running those speeds. Here my suggestion is to set the RAM ratio to Unlinked. After that, set your RAM speed at the factory default voltage, speed, timings. Begin raising your FSB up and observe how far you can acquire on stock volts.

Here I just want to ask one quick question. If I think I am successful overclocking my Sound card, will stop functioning later than a short time. How to get to the bottom of this problem? It is a Creative Titanium Sound Card. Please someone suggest me or guide me about my issue, because, I really don’t understand how to solve this issue.