Thread: How to overclock MSI 890FXA-GD70

How to overclock MSI 890FXA-GD70

I have built a system on my own. I am just currently working on it. I just need a help from you all to overclock my system. Now tell me how can i improve my clocking speed. I am currently running my system at 3.5 GHz and i have to improve to 4 GHz. I can give you a brief information of the configuration of my system.My system has a MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard. system is prime95 stabled 38degrees 100% load. CPU is AMD Phenom X6 1050. Ram is G.Skill 4GB 1600 and the cooler is Noctua-NHD14. This is what i can provide. If you need i can give more information of the configuration. So please do let me know if more information is required. Suggest me some steps for overclocking the system.

Re: How to overclock MSI 890FXA-GD70

With the given information. What i cans say abut this is that this information is very less. You need to go to the bios settings and give me more information on the CPU FSB frequency. Check whether it is adjusted to the automatic or if it can be set as manual. Have a check in your bios settings. I also need more information on the CPU so just go and check the CPU-z tabs i.e "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD" and specify it to me. There information will tell us lot about your system. It will give information on the voltage frequencies and the voltage utilization. Unless i get this information i cant really tell you about how to go with the overclocking. So provide me that necessary details.

Yes sure i checked on with the CPU-z information. It showed me the Core voltage as 1.5 V. The clock speed of the core is as follows the core speed is 3500.3 MHz, while the bus speed is 250.0 MHz. The other information that i got from the SPD tab is that at the 800 MHz frequency the voltage will be 1.500V. So i think that this information is appropriate. So suggest me something now. So that i can decide how to go with the overclocking.

OK the first step to go with the Overclocking is to increase the CPU voltage. Check in the BIOS if it is automatic or not. If it is automatic then remove it from the automatic and increase it manually. Just increase the voltage manually and check the stability. I there is stability then you can gradually increase it more. First start increasing the voltage and check for some time the stability of the system. It will give you some idea of the stability. So if you think it is stable then you can increase it further more. Also adjust the other categories in the CPU voltage section manually, if they are present. During the increase the temperature always ensure that the temperature of the system should not increase beyond 50 degrees. Also ensure that the vcore does not exceed beyond 1.5V. So ensure this safety before beginning with the overclocking.

I have adjusted my voltage with the CPU and the new voltage changes i have specifies is accordingly specified
    CPU-Voltage - 1.445
    CPU-NB Voltage - 1.250
    DRAM Voltage - 1.65
    NB Voltage - 1.200
    HT Link Voltage - 1.400
    SB Voltage - 1.330
    After increasing the voltage i tested the speed of the system and it has jumped from 3.5Ghz to 3.8 GHz. I wanted it upto 4GHz but anyways this speed is also good. I have also changed the htlink of my CPU which was at 2500 MHz and i brought it down to 1600 MHz. Anyways thanks for your suggestions it has helped me a lot.