Thread: How to convert 3 pin fan to 2 pin?

How to convert 3 pin fan to 2 pin?

I have the CM Storm Scout case and the thing with this case was that there were some issues with the FAN and hence I replaced both the fans that were there in the case. Now the thing is that I am little worried about the FAN and the Scout Case that I have here. I have the fan but it is three pin and on the Motherboard I have connection for only two pin. Now that is the trouble here. I do not know what can be done here. What can you suggest for this? On the motherboard as well I am out of space as the CPU waterblock that is on the H70 makes use of the thirty pins and I cannot take risk with that. So my question is; how can I have this fan working in the manner so that I may not come across issues like PSU or fan problems.

Re: How to convert 3 pin fan to 2 pin?

Well I think that it is very easy to deal with the situation that you have presented here. You will be required to make use of the 3 pin to 2 pin connector and I think that can help a bit with the situation that you are dealing with at the moment. It is not like that you are the only one having this issue. We have come across many people who have done this so that they can have more number of devices in there CPU so I think that you can have this as one of your option. See if you can have this in your case and in addition to this please let me tell you that you can have the connector from the eBay as they have these kinds of products with them. Please try this and let me know if you were able to have the fan connected in proper manner.

I am just here with the curiosity and I just want to ask if at all it is possible to have this thing without making use of the connector here. Will it be safe to use the fan with three pin in the slot of the PSU here so that I can use it seamlessly. Will be really happy if this can be accomplished without using anything in extra. Hope that you can help me with the scenario that I have mentioned here. I have read somewhere that some of the cables here in the FAN are useless and hence will be happy if you can let me know which are those cables here of which I can get rid of? So please let me know if I am correct in saying this. Also it will be great if you can name some of the Converter that can help me to do the business here so that I can have this in a well and a simplified manner.

Well that was the thing that I was going to mention here. Actually the thing is that there are some of the cables that do not play much part in the functioning of the Fan and to some level there connections here can be avoided. In the three pins system of the fan one of the wire among the three is only for monitoring the speed of the fan and if that is avoided then I think that it can be used as a two pin. Well that is the thing that I can suggest you at the moment and I think that going in this manner will really help you a bit. Well try this and let me know if you were successful in doing this. Thanks a lot for pointing out this point here and let me assure you by doing this you will not have any trouble at all.

You can get rid of the Yellow wire that you have on the Fan here and I think that can help a bit with your case. Well try to cut the yellow wire there and see if that can help a bit in your case. Just try to do the things in this manner. Just cut off the two pin connector from one of the older Fan and then cut down the three pin connector of your fan and then avoid connecting the yellow wire in the two pin connector and then connect it to the Motherboard. I am bit confident that by doing this you will have the fan functioning in the proper manner. Well give this a try and I think that the idea that I have presented here is somewhat nice and you will not have to wait for the arrival of the connector; well try this and let me know if that really helped a bit here.

.You had asked for the Converter and I think that I can tell you something in that respect. What has been suggested above is somewhat not reliable and I would suggest you not go with that and please try the connector that I am suggesting. The thing that has been presented above is somewhat risky and I think that it really needs to have experienced hands around that stuff. If you want you can have 3-Pin to 2-Pin Mini Fan Adapter Cable and that too at a much lesser rate. It will hardly cost you 100 Rs or so and hence I think that going in this way can really help you a bit.