Thread: NMB 4715KL-04W-B56 processor fan noisy while playing sims 3 and spore

NMB 4715KL-04W-B56 processor fan noisy while playing sims 3 and spore

I have got a desktop computer of dell , my processor is Intel Core 2 CPU 6600@2.4Ghz and I have AGP PCI IMB USB i2CI motherboard have got an issues with my system of a noisy fan, I usually face this issue whenever I turn on high graphical games such as Sims 3 and Spore. After starting the game my cpu produces some strange noise , its fans turns violent and irritates a lot with its noise. Can anyone please help me and tell me I can I can I stop my system fro producing such noise? I am awaiting for your response.
    Last edited by Diellza; 10-12-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Re: NMB 4715KL-04W-B56 processor fan noisy while playing sims 3 and spore

Well are you sure that the fan in your system is the source of that noise, I am asking you because that there are many such sources of such noises such as hard drive. But if you think are quite sure that it is the fan that making that noise then I would ask you which if the fan is producing that noise. It can be the processor fan , the power supply fan and since you are using a gaming rig, then it can also be the graphic card fan as well, so it would be better if you observe it closely and post it in the next reply.

As mentioned above , more than speculations , at this very moment we just need to know which fan inside the cpu tower is producing the noise. If asked to be précised Is it the fan that cools the processor or video card or is the power supply fan? Since when are you facing this issue ? You might not be aware of the source , because due to dust in the heat sink during the build up such type of sound can be produced by the CPU system or while preventing the air from the fan during the build up. This seems to be the only reason and the culprit , it can be caused because you might not have opened the CPU tower for a long time and cleaned it.Compressed air is good You can blow the dust out from heatsink suing the compressed air. But while dong this make sure that you do not damage the fans and the fan bearing, this compressing can make the fan spin in must faster speed.

Yes I too did not know which of my fan is producing that sort of noise, so what I opened the chassis of my CPU cabinet and turned on my system then went close to my system tower and later on discovered that my power supply fan was working absolutely fine , but the sound was emerging from the processor fan . I searched a bit on the search engine , it suggested that I can repair my system with replacing it with a newer one. but could not help myself so I opted for the experts advise and therefore posted in this forum regarding my issue , I would be happy to give you any information regarding my system.

You can use a paper towel and rubbing alcohol to get rid off that eerie noise .You can also use a coffee filter to wipe it and clean its each and every part , once you do it will actually remove fibers which were left behind on it after you had cleaned it with the paper towel. Then you can simply install the heat sink onto the cpu directly. You can also apply TIM and re clean it , I think it will surely resolve your issue , but still it does you can just drop your query again.