Thread: Is GA-MA790FX-DQ6 compatible with AMD X6?

Is GA-MA790FX-DQ6 compatible with AMD X6?

I wanted to ask me whether I was on my GA-MA790FX-DQ6, AMD X6 can upgrade processors? I would be interested because of the AMD Athlon X6 1090T BE. I have tried to ask many friends, but even they are not having any idea about it. So thought to post here, and get some help from you guys. I am sure that there would be some people who must be knowing about it. The main thing I want to ask, is GA-MA790FX-DQ6 compatible with AMD X6? Please respond to my post as early as possible.

Re: Is GA-MA790FX-DQ6 compatible with AMD X6?

I think that officially the X6 in the CPU Support List "N / A". Therefore, they may no longer be supported. Since the BIOS was reduced significantly even for the last AM3 processors (no sharing of different profiles possible), could here the BIOS chips simply be too small. It is conceivable, however, that it is up to other problems in the construction of the DQ6 were not foreseeable. I think that's a pity that the X6 is not supported (I have it myself also DQ6), but also perfectly understandable. The board is already about 2.5 years old, was not the CPU development as predicted. It is conceivable, of course, sufficient that the Gigabyte board at first not support X6 equips because they first convert the newer models and then to the older. But I would not bet on it. So you will have to find the exact answer.

Currently not supported X6. Whether it stays that way, I can not say. Accordingly, it may be that there is a suitable BIOS, but does not. If the CPUs are already listed with n / a, there will be no support for the AMD CPUs X6 more. I assume that there are technical problems with it. I'm still waiting for the official reply from Gigabyte, but I'm afraid that's not waste. I suspect the C3 Phenom 965 is the best upgrade for this one remains, so I will stay with them for now.

I just came to know that, Current F7E latest BIOS for Phenom X4 procssors only for AMD processors support X6 still under validation, as they call the BIOS to web-post for the download when it is validated. They always say the board in the test, so there is a small chance to see new BIOS. GOD knows exactly what they are doing?? Could you please find out the exact situation for us, GBTMod? Maybe finding that will help you to some extent.

So that with the testing I've obviously been through, but there is only from X6 AGESA 3.6.6.0 supports elementary and the DQ6 F7E the grade times AGESA has 3.5.3.1 which is nothing. The same results have also brought my test, joyful image-less.. I still had a homestead BIOS but it also has almost none of which is expected. The only thing I find something that is unfavorable to 890FXA series only now coming to the dealers. I know that the board is about 2.5 years old and for a long time is no longer available. The 760G boards are new and some even still available. The DQ6 was built because the X6 was probably just early in the planning phase. I suspect that the BIOS chip is not easily has the capacity to take up the microcode for all CPUs. With AM2 that's more than the new AM3 boards (since missing all of K8 and K10, the first models).

So in theory, the board would support added to the processor, but only ne hypothesis of mine. In fact, it should at the size about the EEPROM ('s) which might argue however, are the microcode of the older processors also take out? So I will personally set me no Singel / Dual / Triple Core more and could therefore dispense with it. The overclocking me interests me not particularly, but because divorce so the spirits (NEN X6 still have to overclock?). If only a rough idea how far are the convertible I leave professionals. Perhaps it is indeed to do anything else, then our discussion would be obsolete anyway.