Thread: AHCI setting with GA-MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.0

AHCI setting with GA-MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.0

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard. Since I now wish to recover use AHCI, I have entered manually in the registry using the msahci changed to "0". And in the bios at OnChip Sata type of Native IDE to AHCI. Then saved and restarted. But shortly after I get the usual screen with some data, just below you get Veryfying DMI Pool Data and that's it. It remains at the screen and rest is nothing further happens.. What am I doing wrong? Please do something to help me.

Re: AHCI setting with GA-MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.0

To fix this concern yourself, enable the AHCI driver in the registry prior to modifying the SATA mode of the boot drive. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. You will have to close all Windows-based programs.
    2. Then Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    3. If you obtain the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
    4. Situate and then click one of the following registry subkeys:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Msahci
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ IastorV
    5. Then you will have to right-click Start in the Name column, in the right pane, and then click Modify.
    6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
    7. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

Perhaps the arrangement of my separate hard disk and IDE DVD drive important. My IDE 0, 1, master and slave and all that. Also I would like to advice that when switching from IDE to AHCI in the BIOS the drives are called different. Therefore, it is possible that the boot order you have to readjust again. The hard drive is still part of the first boot. A raid driver you do not need. Is necessary only for XP, Vista and 7 have an extra AHCI driver.

Have the drive connected to Port 4 and in the BIOS, only the ports 0-3 on AHCI, then rebooted, then installed the windows AHCI driver. Have then installed the latest AHCI drivers from AMD, now appears in Device Manager, IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers Intel SATA controller. Then restarted and ran my plate back to port 0 (AHCI Bios). I again put my record on port 4 and this is set to IDE, then boot up the computer? As soon as my drive to a port in the BIOS to AHCI Asked put, this disc is not recognized in the bios. Please help me.

Hang the plate again in the SATA4 and boot Windows. Then uninstall the AMD driver. I had before, that the driver disk in Windows is disabled. This could not boot Windows. This could possibly be with you. An uninstallation might help there. Anyways how old is the drive? It may be that perhaps the firmware on older boards with AHCI is not clear. 160GB does not sound like the current model. Therefore could be that your problem. Although a bit dated, but it should still run. What you had before for a board? Actually, the fact can SATA2/SATA-300. Do you need a jumper because maybe that was the old board? Alternatively, perhaps even a read error. Maybe the Hitachi ask support for the latest firmware for the drive. You can also try a clean install. Presumably, only Windows is just across and off the disk at boot time. If you like that too much effort, you can stay even with Native IDE. If your disk is unlikely to AHCI anything anyway, because even today NCQ brings little and change nothing else great.

If the computer hangs even if still "Veryfying DMI Pool Data" can be read, it is 100% not on any operating system and drivers. Drivers are only loaded when the OS starts, but still not the case as long as "Veryfying DMI Pool Data" is still visible! In your case, not even the bootloader is started. This is usually due to the BIOS of Gigabyte in AHCI mode sometimes is any problem with any data in the MBR have the plate. If that's the case, helping a complete repartitioning. Partitioning make but absolutely with Windows and not with any foreign partition tool. Any previously also provides a lowlevel format the HDD with a tool manufacturer is necessary. Try something does happen when you boot from the Win7 when set to AHCI in the BIOS and the first boot drive, CD / DVD.