Thread: Suggestion for 12v 4 pin connector

Suggestion for 12v 4 pin connector

My desktop machine has an Asus m4a87td evo motherboard and this motherboard has 4 pin 12v power pin. And I am having a corsair vx 550w psu on which there are 8 pin 12v power connectors. Now I want some suggestions for installing these 8 pin on a 4 pin power connector. Can you guys suggest me that how can I do it?

Re: Suggestion for 12v 4 pin connector

I guess you have to use the connector which would be having different pins according to your psu as well as the motherboard. I suggest you to directly contact with the any nearest computer hardware dealer who would be perfect person to give you the best converter which has pins matching with your motherboard. Make sure that you keep your motherboard's model number noted which would be useful while buying the connector.

I think your motherboard must be having 4+4 connectors so you can use any of them for connecting your PSU with the motherboard. I suggest you to use any of them which would be very much easy but make sure that the connector which you buy is compatible with your motherboard. And it would be better to if you confirm the compatibility of the connector for your motherboard from the dealer itself.

I have came across one EPS/ATX 12V 8-4 pin connector which is made up of 2 blocks of 4-pin connectors. I guess the same thing has been mentioned in the last posts as well. Actually there is only way by which you can do this as there are much options left according to the design of the motherboard which you are using on your machine. I suggest you to check the PIN pattern of the connectors carefully which matches with the pins of your motherboard.