Thread: Problem in installing 8GB RAM

Problem in installing 8GB RAM

Friends, I am getting problem while installing the 8 GB RAM. Currently, I am having the 4 GB (2X2 GB) RAM in my computer. To increase the processing speed of my computer, I decided to increase the RAM to 8 GB. Below are the specifications of my computer.
    • Gigabitw GA-G43-S2H mobo
    • Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83 ghz
    • Cooler master 600w PSU
    • Palit GeForce 9600GT 512 DDR3

I bought 4 more GB in 2 X 2 GB. I inserted that in but after that my computer is not able to boot. Please tell me that why this is happening to me and also any possible solution for this. Also recommend me a motherboard of lga775 which has DDR3, if it is possible.

Re: Problem in installing 8GB RAM

You should ensure that the RAM’s that you are trying to install are of the same frequencies/speeds/latencies/timings. If they are different in any of these then it may also create the issues like this. You should always use the identical RAM modules for avoiding the problems like this. So check for this and do the replacement if possible.

First of all, You should confirm that whether the problem is with the hardware or the operating system. To confirm that you can try to run that on Ubuntu. You can try to use the Ubuntu live CD for that. If it is detecting the memory then it is the operating system problem that is installed in your computer and if it does not detect that then it is the issue with the RAM that you using. I know that it is not the answer for this but It will help you to get the answer quickly.

You can try this: just remove the RAM that you’re bought new and boot your computer with old RAM inserted. If it works then you have to remove the old RAM and put the new RAM in to see whether that boots or not? If that boots properly then you have to go to step by step like insert the first RAM and then boot the system. Again insert the 2nd RAM and Boot likewise 3rd and 4th. I am sure that this will work fine. Change the slot for newly bought RAM to first two slots.

The RAM that you are trying to use may be corrupted and that is why they are not getting detected by the system and as the result the system is not booting. You should check the RAM on some other computer and check that is they are getting detected there. If not then you can take this directly to the dealer from where you have bought that and ask them for the issue. If you found that they are not helpful then you can send that back to manufactures and they will solve that or will replace that with the new one if that is under warranty.