Thread: Suggestions required for PhenomII X6 1090T Thuban Black Edition

Suggestions required for PhenomII X6 1090T Thuban Black Edition

Hello folks,

Recently decided to upgrade my computer and finally settled on going in for the Phenom II X6 Thuban Black Edition. I was wondering what Motherboard to go in for and also if i should look at Intell for the Processor

I haven't used Intell since the old Pentium days but don't have any preferences as to the processor brand. The computer will primarily be a home computer and used mainly for

1) Everyday home use (surfing the net, using MS Office, etc)

2) Gaming. I would like to play the latest games as they come out. It would be great if you guys could also refer any great cards. I am not looking at Crossfire at this point of time. The games i do have my eye on are Crysis, COD Black ops and whatever follows, Mass Effect 1 2 and 3(when it comes out), Fallout las vegas and whatever comes out after, Civ 5, etc at a high resolution and display size.

3) i doubt i'll ever be working on photoshop or maya or any other such software. This will mainly be a high end gaming home computer.

My main concern is to build a machine that would be last 2 - 3 years without the need for any serious upgrading, primarily in terms of gaming (Graphics card mainly). My budget is fairly flexible and currently around 60 - 80K. I don't exactly have a problem spending more as long as its worth it.

Also i've heard that it makes sense going in for an SSD as the boot drive inspite of the cost. Is there really that big a difference in performance?

Many thanks in advance

Karan

PS : To the moderator, sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section.

Re: Suggestions required for PhenomII X6 1090T Thuban Black Edition

Hey according to me Intel's processor would be the best processor for your daily usage. This is because Intels processors usually have more LVL 2 cache memory in them. In todays world cache memory plays a vital role in improving the performance of the CPU. The cache memory takes the effect of a temporary memory, when you have to switch to two or more task simultaneously. So in all the more cache memory the more will be the performance of your CPU. That is why I would reckon you to for Intels Processor.