Thread: Windows 7 shutting with GA-870A-UD3 Motherboard

Windows 7 shutting with GA-870A-UD3 Motherboard

Following problem: I installed yesterday the Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 in version 2.1 and the bios version F3. Thereupon I installed Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium and everything set up. Then I set the power saving features of Windows so that it goes after 15 minutes in the S3 mode. The system also shuts down and turns off, but 2 seconds later, the system is rebooted. Have the bios already pretty much off and on, what appears below the power management functions and the device manager of Windows, the energy functions for mouse and keyboard on "device can fetch from S3 mode" (or something like that) off! But it's no good. How can it be so, not that the system is in S3 mode, but always starts up? I have even unplugged the network cable, but also without success. (Wake on LAN is disabled). Maybe you have an idea and can help me further.

Re: Windows 7 shutting with GA-870A-UD3 Motherboard

For all the times before the same issue here, here's my solution. After PC boot up, send PC into Sleep mode. After it woke up again the command line (cmd) and Admin and then open powercfg lastwake and then press enter. When I was in show, which is a USB hub that triggered the wake up. After I disconnected all USB devices one after I got it, it was because of my monitor. You can tell Windows that you no longer want to be awakened from that device. This type parameters DEVICEDISABLEWAKE of a type name followed. This designation can be found in most of the collection of all defined devices to wake up:
    powercfg-device wake_armed

So I have not found the problem but no solution how can I connect my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 2263UW) via USB to integrated webcam and the USB hub to run on the monitor, without knowing what the "energy saver" disturbs and PC wakes up again and again. Have now been playing the firmware F4, but the problem still exists. Even at Microsoft, I've tried some patches a play are meant to fix problems with USB devices, but again no solution. Samsung itself does not offer drivers for Windows 7 64Bit. Also, I've found that refused my card reader of Trust (installed as a front panel) and the service. On my old gigabyte board (GA-M57 SLI-S4), and Windows 7 32Bit it was still running. Maybe someone has a solution for it? Really getting frustrated by all these things.. Please be kind and provide some solutions that can be useful.

As the card reader is connected? Intern? Have you tried a different port because times? In Device Manager you have for the webcam to check "computer can wake up from sleep mode" removes (power options)? I am aware of the BIOS from your board, but once in the BIOS press the CTRL + F1 (then you get a few hidden options is also displayed) and look if the option "USB Device Wake-Up from S3" or something like that is found. If so, put the try.

Well, I use the card reader was behind the motherboard plugged in via USB (installed the card reader is in a 3 1/2" slot and the USB cable is passed transversely through the housing back out). Have there also once tried a different slot! I also have a USB port, which is on my front housing side and "internally" connected to the motherboard is tested, but again without success. The various patches from Microsoft have anything useful. The integrated webcam at the monitor in Device Manager has no option to computer can wake up from hibernation. The tab "Power Management" will be performed at all. It's the same with the integrated USB hub that is attached to the monitor. The joke is that it worked fine with my old motherboard (GA-M57 SLI-S4), and Windows 7 32Bit. The new Board (GA-870A-UD3) and Windows 7 64Bit it does not work. My problem now is to find out everything only if it is on Windows or the motherboard. Of course I could "just" Install Windows 7 32Bit to test it, but I can not imagine more beautiful. Chipset drivers, etc., all are current, and BIOS version. Really sucks, because now I had never had problems with Gigabyte boards.

Thanks, that with CTRL + F1, I also did not know. But the only thing I go to "Advanced Chipset Feature" is getting displayed: SB850 Spread Sectrum = Disable. "USB Device Wake-Up from S3" Enable is with me and it should be. Finally, I would wake up with my keyboard to the PC again. Nevertheless, I have disabled this function before, like everything else in the section "Power Management Setup" but did not bring the desired results. But now even watch: I have fun times and allows the monitor to the USB 3.0 port connected my, the GA-870A-UD3 Sun brings so, and believe it or not, it is... The computer goes into "sleep mode" and no longer wakes up alone on too! Is the next to take as the solution was only one USB port. So, the same even think also hung the card reader to the USB 3.0 port, but ... It would be too have been nice ... unfortunately lost. BUT ...I have the card reader including SD card, then again plugged into a USB 2.0 port and hey presto pops a window where I'm asked what I want to do with the inserted disk? Yes believe it? Am I stupid? The same then again to the other ports tried, with the same result. It goes. Can the SD card access. So then fast times put up the device manager and what I see: 3 storage volume with a yellow exclamation mark. Well, except that the USB mass storage detected correctly. What is the meaning of that now, I can not say I know only that everything is now running.

I guess the drivers from AMD and Microsoft for the USB 2.0 port on any issues with Win7 64, the NEC drivers for the USB 3.0 port, but works. I also think that Windows has screwed up in the file USBSTOR.SYS under 64 something, because under Windows Vista 32bit and 32bit Win7 the card reader is good grace. In such scenario, I would like to suggest you to repair your operating system. Also reinstalling the operating system would be best option.