Thread: Normal temperatures for Dell motherboard?

Normal temperatures for Dell motherboard?

Hi all, One of my friends has given me a nice Dell motherboard. I have installed the SpeedFan and when I checked the temperature for that then I found that the temperature was around 70 degrees. It was the temperature when I was sitting idle on the laptop. I did some cooling trick from internet but still it comes to 58 degrees. But still it seems to be very high. Is this the normal temperature for the Dell or it is a bug? If it is a bug then please tell me the way to solve that. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Normal temperatures for Dell motherboard?

The temperature, that you getting is normal with the Dell laptop. I am also using the same laptop and that is also giving me the same temperature. There are many of my friends with the same laptop and are experiencing the same. So I don’t think that this is a bug but Dell should pay attention o this.

I think that you need to try any cooling system to reduce your laptops temperature. If it is overheating problem then this can also affect the other hardware in your computer. Better you should try some cooling pad for your laptop. There are many available in the market and you can choose the one according to your budget. I am sure that this will reduce the temperature of the system to a great extend.

Your power supplier may be the reason behind this. If it is providing more power than expected by the motherboard then it can create the problem like overheating. This may also cause the major issues like crashing of motherboard or Hard disk. My suggesting to you is to check the system with some other power supplier and if that works then you can change the power supplier with the new one. It will definitely solve the issue if it is related to the power supplier.

I think that you need to upgrade your BIOS. I am saying this because if you do this then this increases the fan speed and will help you to reduce the temperature of the system. I have done the same and lower the temperature of the laptop from 70 degree to 55 which is a great gap. You should .also try this and I wish that this will help you.

58 degrees is still high for motherboard temp. Heck that's even high for a cpu temp. My MSI don't go over 45 degrees on full load.