Thread: PC Crashed on new Motherboard

PC Crashed on new Motherboard

Hello friends, I am in very big trouble, my computer has stopped suddenly. When I try to switch it back on I was having no display but the system gives out the total continuous long beep. I thought of that it may be a motherboard problem. I then tried with different graphics card but still it does not give any luck for me. it has happened with me second time which leads me to believe I am using the incompatible motherboard and graphic card combination. The first it happened, I had the Geforce 4200 4x AGP with same motherboard that I have right now. Which is AMD AthlonXP 2500+ Barton (with upgradeware XP-TMC), 380w Antec power supply (Antec Sonata case), Epox 8KTA2 (VIA KT133), WindowsXP Pro, Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9800Pro (128mb). Anyone have the idea whether this card are compatible with the motherboard. Please help what can I do? Or I just buy the new mother board.

Re: Motherboard crashes once again.

Have you realize that your Motherboard only supports 200MHZ FSB Athlon Processor. I think that you may destroyed the processor or the motherboard. Try to use the another AMD processor with the 200 MHz FSB, typically AMD 2400XP Athlon. If it still unable to start after this, you need to have the new motherboard and I will suggest you to have the: EP-8KRA2+ , VIA KT600/8237 Chipset Spec, Supporting 200/266/333/400MHz FSB AMD Processors, Using VIA FastStream64™ DDR400 memory support for increased performance (backward compatible), AGP 8x for 1.5v graphics cards.

There is certain suspect that is crashing your Motherboard: (1) Your Memory or the RAM should have to be fixed into proper place and lock using the livers. (2) Your processor should have to locked in when you close the liver arm. (3) Also your graphic card may be not fixed in, this should be fitted properly and the one of the end should have to be secure on to your case with a screw. (4) May be your PSU unit is faulty, try another one if it is faulty. (5) If you have installed too many fans installed, it can also create the problem because the fans cause vibration which things to wear loose. I do also have the very same problem with the loose connection and at the end I upgraded the motherboard because it was continuously crashing.

As much as know the AMD system RAM synchronization is of much more important than that of the p4. Due to which the way in which one of the dual pumps the bus and the other squad pumps it. And also check the output voltages on all the rails of the PSU by checking in the BIOS screens. The power supply may also affect the mother board. The voltages should be at least within 10% +- of the rated voltage. Preferably 5%.
    IE: +12V x 90% = 10.8V. - 12V x 110% = 13.2V
    12V x 95% = 11.4V - 12V x 105% = 12.6V
    Graphics cards are vulnerable to overheating when stressed.