Thread: Cost Of 1GB RAM

Cost Of 1GB RAM

Hey Guys Im very much confused between DDR2/DDR3 RAM, I wanted 2 Upgrade my PC. So,I wanted to Know the Rate Of 1 GB RAM. I love playing Games on My PC so can u also suggest me which graphic card should I install and what will be the rate of it. Will 1GB RAM support all the games and does supports all the operating System such as Windows,Vista. What is the rate of Portable hard disk?

Re: Cost Of 1GB RAM

The Acronym For RAM is Random Access Memory. It is Located in a PC where Operating system, application Programs, and data in current use are kept so that they can be quickly reached by computer’s processor. Compare to other kinds of storage in a computer such as hard disk, floppy disk, and CD-ROM, RAM is much Faster to read from write the storage in computer device. Compare to Read Only Memory (ROM), RAM stays there only as long as your computer is running. When you turn your computer on again, your operating system and other files are loaded once again into RAM, usually from hard disk. It is also termed as short term memory.

RAM is called "random access" because any storage location can be accessed directly. Most personal computers are designed to allow you to add additional RAM modules up to a certain limit. Compare to Hard disk Size, RAM is much smaller in both the physical size and the amount of data it can carry. There are different Types of RAM such as SRAM, DRAM, RDRAM, SDRAM, EPROM, EEPROM, Flash memory. It is considered as one of the PC’s main memory. SRAM, DRAM is considered as volatile types of memory. Installing RAM is one of the easiest things in PC but hardest part is making sure that you have the right kind and you should always check the motherboard manual for the specs.

DDR2 stands for Double Data Rate 2 memory is available, infact even computers released within the last three years or so come equipped with DDR2 memory. The main advantage of DDR2 is it consumes less energy and produces faster performance. DDR3 memory is one the latest technology up-to-date you can put in your computer. It performs much faster than DDR2 and comparatively uses less energy consumption as compared to DDR2. The prices of DDR2 RAM and DDR3 RAM is far different. DDR2 is very cheapest as compared to DDR3, cost of DDR2 RAM is RS 800 where as price for DDR3 RAM is RS 1000 approximately

There are different Types Of 1 GB RAM available in market such as DDR SDRAM, DDR2 SDRAM and DDR3 SDRAM. SDRAM is available in 100 and 133 MHz speeds. The latest one that is DDR3 RAM is available in four speeds: 400 and 533 MHz, which will be initially available to the consumer at 667 and 800 MHz, which are expected to be launched after sometime. DDR3 RAM is one the best RAM available in market as its consumes less energy and also provides better performance rate. 1 GB can be installed in different types of computers including APPLE MAC. 1GB capacity is sufficient for most animations, games, video editing and other multimedia application.

If you're referring to an increase in ram on the motherboard, then yes, you'll see an increase insofar as you'll have a higher bandwidth to move data to the graphics card, but that's where it ends as the graphics solution in this case is an integrated solution and that will bottleneck any increase in performance when gaming. If you're referring to a new graphics solution having 256mb ram over the 128mb of your current solution, then yup, that will also increase performance for textures, AA etc. But when you consider the core spec of a 7300gs it won’t able to game at any decent frame rates or detail settings over and above 1024x768 on any current dx9 game. So I don't think it will make use of the extra 128mb over and above the 900gma.