Thread: Which RAM is best 8 GB or 4 GB while playing GTA

Which RAM is best 8 GB or 4 GB while playing GTA

I like to play games. Just newly I install GTA 4 game in my PC. I have patched my GTA 4 game to v1.2. The graphics are too smoother except it still inflicts that 1 GB limit. So here my question is: is that any boundary imminent from my graphic card or what? If I insert more RAM from 4 GB to 8 GB would this permit me to turn up the settings even extra?

Re: Which RAM is best 8 GB or 4 GB while playing GTA

This is really nice topic or I can say interesting topic because I love games. I think the major dissimilarity for you would be to disable the Vista page file which will provide you an improved access speed to data accumulated in RAM as you aren’t paging to your HDD. But here there is something problem because I don’t know many more about this.

I also have the same issue with my game. GTA 4 recommended necessities for vista is minimum 2 to 3 GB of RAM. I am on Microsoft windows vista x64. So I think I can really play the game without containing to use any exchange space. Because it is graphics card memory I am guessing we will require graphics cards with memory of 2GB or more to get the describe distance to 45 or so. I have my graphics card maxed out on the display eminence on 1680 x 1050 resolution and I got the whole thing full apart from view distance which was place at a low 33.

If you try disabling the page file with just 4 GB you are extremely probable to have serious constancy problems. Vista only takes up approximately 2 GB of your RAM while the page file is disabled sense as soon as your game in fact uses 3 GB you are going to hurtle or crash. While a page file is immobilized running out of memory origins a crash! I have attempted it and it didn’t work, therefore I have 8 GB to run page file complimentary. It might not illustrate instantly but the longer you play the additional memory use will build up until it crash's your system. It is worth noting that while a page file is existing windows automatically uses the page file for substance long earlier than it starts running out of physical memory.

I have not played GTA 4 I uncertainty very much that it is the need of 2 gb of video RAM which is reasoning its problems more likely that it is the additional interpretation work it desires to do on the distant objects, It is possible the game does not have appreciably reduced aspect meshes and feels for distant objects, If this is the case after that increasing the view distance has a giant effect on performance, video memory won’t help, GPU throughput and improved optimization by the game developers are what are required.

Immobilizing the page file has not had a result on my FPS it does however make a disparity to common windows use; it can decrease slight stutters etc. With memory being despicable it’s worth doing for a small and minor upgrading in general use. But I wouldn’t imagine seeing an obvious FPS increase. MY SSD drive makes a actually good disparity to games can’t stay till they come down in value sufficient to make it feasible to run a raid 0 SSD setup to restore hard disks wholly. I present have a 64 GB one that I just utilize for installing games mostly mmorpgs. In reality is a valuable improve. Once more not so much FPS, but faster loading screens and dropping loading stutter etc. 512MB is typically sufficient for 1680x1050; GTA4 is the primary game I ever saw which cannot working that; then once more, only because they didn't force a view distance of 40 on each one. 512MB is as well sufficient for up to 1920x1200 is you don't start AA at which point you will almost certainly require 1GB. Then 1GB is regularly sufficient up to2560x1600.

I do become conscious of if I nonconformist the draw space or distance, it fills my graphics card memory in actuality rapidly... I have it at above 30 right now with the whole thing else maxed and it is using 970 MB or 1024 MB permitted. Even after that, sometimes I am getting troubles depiction the matter close by I might walk into an area where for about 10 seconds I would observe not anything but a gray display.

The RAM boundary is on your GPU. I have the GTX 260 and my boundary is 880 MB which is the similar as my GPU. In the game settings I can faintly thrust over that, but after that I am locked and restricted from going to superior settings; whereas the freedom in these games now days? I unmoving get 35fps although on maximum settings with a Q9550 and GTX 260 Black version. And just newly I establish that for a few games RAM creates a giant dissimilarity. For FSX I went from 3GB to 5GB and I improved radically in performance at least by 15 or more frames only by the RAM upgrade without help. Not convinced if there is a topper out limit thought and if 10GB would make a disparity from 5GB.

I have an 10 GB RAM system with a GTX 285, quad core 3.02 over clocked amd 9950 black version, and it just places my sight distance at 60, in the meantime the whole thing is maxed; my exact query here is the additional GBs of RAM, I allocated them to my graphics so my computer demonstrates I have 5 GB of video RAM, even despite the fact that the 285 comes with 1 GB, is not 5 GB sufficient for 100 percent vision distance???

Here I have some question regarding this:
    1. Would it be attraction going to 8 GB for GTA IV? I observed my free RAM is simply 2.6 GB.
    2. If I did go to 8 GB, what kind of concert amplify could I imagine?
    3. Let's guess I do go to 8 GB and don't issue is it safer or superior to have 2x 4 GB sticks or 4x 2 GB sticks?
    4. Would I assistance additional in prospect with 8 GB?