Thread: Motherboard and PSU for Asus computer with AMD phenom II

Motherboard and PSU for Asus computer with AMD phenom II

Hello fried,
    I am very new in this forum; I am having a Asus computer with the Windows XP environment. I am having a AMD phenom II in my computer. From the few days I am facing a problem with the motherboard and the PSU of the machine, the motherboard is breaks the power connection some times and for that I think there might be a problem in PSU of the machine. So now I am looking for a better motherboard and the PSU which is compatible with the Asus computer. If anyone having any information about this, please share with me also suggest me the good motherboard and the PSU for my computer. Nay input for this will be thankful for me.

Re: Motherboard and PSU for Asus computer with AMD phenom II

I am having the ASUS M4A79 Deluxe motherboard with the features like AM2 AMD 790FX ATX; it is functioning fine with my Asus computer. I recommend you in the direction of this motherboard, this will the correct one for you. It is having 790FX Northbridge with a SB750 Southbridge circuit. It is having 4 pci express slot in the board. One of the more element which is very good in this board is, it support other processors like the AMD AM3 socket. So you can attach this one with your AMD processor. My RAM is works with the speed of 1066, which is great thing, I am having the DDR2 1066*/800, the CPU limitation is not bothered here.

I suggest you for the ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, along with this you also have to bring a OCZ 1066 DDR2 RAM with OCZ2P10664GK, this will help you to run all the program in the machine smoothly. And I think this will not require for the future proofing. It will definitely stick with the Asus machine also with the AMD phenom. If you will go for the different RAM model then make sure that the motherboard that you have with it is compatible with that. And not necessary to check whether it is a DDR2 or any other version. One other thing is that HT OMEGA board, this will works great with the Asus computer.

Similar issue, I am having a Dell computer with the windows 7 environment. My problem is almost same, the issue is with power supply in my machine, and I also think that this is for the PSU or SMPS. So I am looking for upgrade that one with the latest one. So search many web sites to gather information on this, which will be good to run in my Dell computer, so I am here with this issue, hope some help me to overcome from the problem or any information regarding upgrade the power supply unit in my machine. Any suggestion will be appreciate greatly. is any configuration will support with my computer?