Thread: Problem with Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7 and 890GX ASRock Extreme3

Problem with Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7 and 890GX ASRock Extreme3

Hi guys, I state that I have tried a lot but I have not found anything about it. My setup is as follows:
    • CoolerMaster CM690 II Advance
    • 890GX ASRock Extreme3
    • AMD Phenom X4 965 II Black Edition
    • Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz CL7 + GT Airflow
    • Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB (SATA II, 32MB Cache)
    • LC Power 750W Modular Profecy II
    • LG DVD-RW SATA 228
    My problem is that I can not set the Corsair at 1600MHz CL7 and, or better .. If the BIOS drive the ram running at 1600, but with absurd timing (9-11-11-29), but in 1333 I can get them to work at 7-7-7-20 but the PC party once when no. Last thing (I do not know if influential at this point I hope so) is that the trader has the wrong code and it gave me the version with XMP profile and not BEMP. To consider that at present, use the integrated 4290 with only 128MB DDR3 1333 memory SidePort. I trust in your help!!

Re: Problem with Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7 and 890GX ASRock Extreme3

First you did reset cmos. The voltage you set it to 1.65 V? By default, the set voltage is 1.5 V, the voltage and the ram will never work with these timings ... Being an AMD system, you could have up to 1.7 V without problems, even more if needed. It would have been better BEMP kit, which is optimized for AMD, the Intel XMP is not bad but instead of applying the profile just set everything by hand. To scroll to and tap and use the ram 1600MHz 7-7-7-20 latencies, what should I do in the processor? NB, bus and / or multiplier?

The question is how much you want to approach the matter. My advice would be more 3.6 GHz, you can achieve this in the you let the BCLK to 200 and set the CPU multiplier to 18. I am aware of it at a free multi BCLK without amendment goes, but it makes sense for the CPU clock speed and the bus so the QPI / MHT to increase. The system to be accelerated tremendously, especially if one relies on the computing power of Quadro graphics cards, this is particularly appropriate. CPU voltage you can bet on the Xeon car as long as you do not go over 3.7 Ghz. So a proposal from me, because as far as the system can automatically control much without the need to set up a lot and you are risking something in the expensive hardware.

I would also advise you to have two things:
    1. You get but the 12GB kit Dominator 1600 Mhz, which is coordinated by two separate kits, we can not guarantee a trouble-free interaction.
    2. Think about the quiet times that the Corsair H50 water cooling for your CPU then not be very useful, on the one hand it is maintenance free and safe, on the other hand you can run the temperature is significantly lower in the normal air cooler temperatures, which protects the system permanently.

And your game will first of all like the latest BIOS on. I will help arrange matters. Just post what you will of interest, then we go through this together.

In a pinch I buy the 12GB kit for even when I should note that making the 2x 6GB problems. In the total cost of this system would not be so tragic, and for the other memory I think there are other use determined. But I would order the 12GB kit until it is established that make the 2x 6GB problems. Maybe I'm lucky and it runs smoothly. Can you please define more problems, so I know what I should watch out for? I suppose it comes to system instability. That the system did not start because it combines two 6GB kits can not imagine I, right? So when would later encounter system instability, how can I identify the causative component, so what I could see, for example, that it is the RAM and not the CPU overclocking or higher BCLK?

Problems in relation to the various kits may lead ranging from not at start of freeze up to blue screen and system stutter. If so what can hardly be excluded, but clearly this be tested first. To increase BCLK already makes sense in this context. Depends on the fast indeed, 200 is a passable level. A High-performance power supply would be very thoughtfully. 3.7 GHz are inside too, but not really worth it. The 3.6 makes sense because everything is very well coordinated. Say RAM speed Bus & CPU doing now if you continue to crank up or the Ram, it makes no sense except that the computer then runs a bottle neck and then brings the known system instability. It is important that the whole system is coordinated and in harmony together. I think it's right in your senses, to achieve that result.