Thread: RAM slot not recognizing stick

RAM slot not recognizing stick

Having a Dell computer with the slots for DDR2 RAM on the motherboard. Having the 2GB RAM stick for my computer. I have a another RAM stick in with the computer, just few days back while I tried to check the first stick whether it is working good or not, it simply shows me that the stick is not recognized by the computer. I think there should be the problem in the RAM slot of the machine. It shows that the rundl32 has stopped working, and the computer will reboot automatically. Why this problem happens, I searched everywhere but no positive reply regarding the issue. Is there anyone having any idea about this?

Re: RAM slot not recognizing stick

As per my opinion I think there is some problem with the motherboard. Make sure that the motherboard is properly wired configured with the computer. Either it will properly configure with the slot where you are trying to connect the RAM stick. As per my knowledge some of the dual-channel motherboards are not support the dual channel RAM stick with the vivid size. So if you’re using the same size RAM stick in the dual-channel motherboard then I suggest you to use the same size RAM stick in the slots.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Some of the newly launched laptops are comes with the 2 RAM slots, and it might be possible you can overload the memory slot of the motherboard. It depends on the free space that you have in your memory. Suppose if you are using the 2GB RAM stick and having the 1GB space in the memory, then this problem might be occur. So make sure that the stick that you are trying to plug-in in your machine is having the proper space to run the stick. Otherwise I don’t think so there is no such solution for the problem that you mentioned. You have to bring new board.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I had the similar problem with my motherboard after that one of my friend suggests me with the simple solution (reconfigure the RAM slot with the motherboard) to fix the issue. Now I would like to recommend you go through this process this will definitely help you. Place your motherboard in a plain surface. Remove the DDR2-1066 chips from the antistatic place of the board, which is in the top of the board. Look for the RAM slot in the board. Make sure that the sticks are properly notched with the metal pins, look any one for the corresponding of the other one. If you found that one is correctly notched then assign the notch in the chip with the slot bump. Try with this, this will help you. Remember care for the scratching in the motherboard while you are going to do this process.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!