Thread: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 - Price

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 - Price

I want to know the approximate price for an Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800. Intel in the desktop segment is not only the most expensive Core 2 Extreme QX6700 on sale, but can also offer in "normal" price regions with the Core 2 Quad Q6600 a processor with four cores. With the introduction of fast 2.93GHz Core 2 Extreme QX6800 is now even these issues are resolved. At bar par with the X6800 and two additional cores is the goal: the undisputed leader in all applications. I am sure that the you members will provide more information about this topic.

Re: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 - Price

In the new Core 2 Extreme QX6800 hide no secrets. The processor continues to rely on the normal stepping "B3" and differs from the QX6700 only by a 266 MHz higher standard clock. The higher clock is a multiplier climbed to 11 (previously 10) is achieved. The front side bus is 266 MHz (effective 1066) unchanged. The price of it is Rs. 25425 (apprx.). I think that it is bit old, so would like to suggest you to check some latest processors.

In comparison to the QX6700, the QX6800 does not come up with a higher overclocking potential. Both come - operated outside the specifications - at 3.5 GHz with air cooling to the limit. Later, it is only with the 45 nm-made products in the Penryn generation . The first members of this family to the end and finding their way in the desktop segment. Until then, Intel's QX6800 will remain the fastest desktop processor as fast quad-core racing car - despite playing slight overclocking - exceed the design point of 130 watts for the motherboard and cooling solutions would. To provide a fair comparison between the contracting parties, were all testing in a closed Midi-Tower with complete fan assembly (two back inlet, one at the hard drive cage sideways blowing) carried out in order to call attention to thermal problems in the cars are. The only exception is the Xeon platform, which takes part in the comparison out of competition.

The careful reader, these measurements are covered under SYSmark 2004 SE encountered because of their importance they are to be here again considered separately. What makes it so important? In almost all previous measurements was carried out with a clinically clean system without any background applications. This is however not the way a PC typically used. Typically, virus scanners in operation, Microsoft Outlook is open and in the foreground is a computer game or it will work with applications such as Word or Photoshop. The overall rating is in this case of equal numbers of each office ratings, games, multimedia and rendering together. Data compression flows thus not included in the evaluation, since a corresponding application is represented in the Office rating.

The multimedia rating is made up of all video and audio coding tests. When converting a WAV file into MP3 format using Lame is the result of the version 3.97a Alpha 2 (32-bit) for supporting, Ogg, the results obtained with the P4 version. The Office rating is completely composed of the individual results from SYSmark 2004 SE. A clearing with our Photoshop CS2 values or the rating of the data compression we considered appropriate for little. The rating of data compression to flow the averaged results of 7-Zip (32-bit and 64-bit) and the single result of WinRAR (Rar) weighted equally. Rendering / ray tracing, the results of Lightwave (only 8 threads) and the average values of Cinebench 2003 (32 - and 64-bit value for each of the rendering with all available processors) netted.

In the games are all rated games are back. If an application results in a 32-bit and 64-bit version existed, was previously calculated an average value. The processor tests of 3DMark03, 05 and 06 were not considered. Irrelevant in the ratings to keep the results of Adobe Photoshop CS2, SiSoft Sandra 2007 Professional and Futuremark PCMark05. Who pays special attention to these results should take a close look at the measurements. The only surprise with the Core 2 Extreme QX6800 is the idea premature. Originally, for the third quarter of 2007 on the roadmap, Intel's latest processor is now an Easter surprise, which can be found with a purchase price of $ 999 nests only in well-heeled rabbits. The performance is powerful, but is in line with expectations.

Another way to benefit from four - or since the launch of Clovertown even eight - to get seeds is through the current 2-way Xeon platform, which is equipped with two-socket type 771st Under this article, we have two Xeon 5160 (3.00 GHz, FSB1333), used for comparison, representing a top-models with a list price of 851 U.S. dollars ($ 1,702 alone for the processors), a costly alternative. More interesting are dual-core Xeon 5120 (1.86 GHz, FSB1066, 4MB L2) or quad-core Xeon E5320 (1.86 GHz, FSB1066, 8MB L2) for 256 and 455 U.S. dollars a piece, by the minimum modifications to the chip back side (base-isolation of contacts *) at 7x333 MHz, ie 2.3 GHz, can be placed. In the first case to get for 512 U.S. dollars a quad-core network, in the second case, there are eight cores for 910 U.S. dollars. Not considered in this calculation, however, the additional costs for the required fully-buffered DIMM memory modules, the motherboard, a case with SSI-holes and (occasionally) the right PSU. With the help of the Xeon family can now build octa-core systems, such as shape of the Apple Mac Pro already offers in . The performance is indeed impressive, a realized with two dual-core Xeon processors, quad-core system, it can not, however, the disadvantage of high memory latency (77 ns (Xeon), compared to 46 ns (Core 2)) by two independent and 1333 MHz front side bus connections and the quad-channel memory interface (in our test with dual channel) DDR2-667 CL5 (FB-DIMM) to compensate.