Thread: HP Mini 110-3000 RAM upgrade

HP Mini 110-3000 RAM upgrade

I have freshly purposed laptop from HP that is HP Mini 110-3000 which comes with Genuine Windows 7 32-bit operating system with Intel Atom Processor 1.66 GHz. It has hard drive of 250 GB and many more but one thing that I not happy with is it’s RAM which is currently 1 GB DDR2. I was to upgrade its RAM as I want to install software applications which require large memory space and games which are of high memory. But I am not able to find any way through which I can upgrade RAM manually by replacing existing RAM, so if anyone know way in which this can be done please let me know.

Re: HP Mini 110-3000 RAM upgrade

I think no need to do that by yourself as you are using HP Mini 110-3000 laptop series i think you need to go for original RAM from HP or other company which provide it. No need to go for fixing it by yourself just take your laptop to the store from where you are purchasing RAM, they will fix that for you as you might damage your laptop while fixing it by yourself. I think this will be best way to go which will save your time as well as the RAM will fix perfectly by them. And let me know if you have done with up-gradation for RAM for your HP Mini 110-3000 laptop.

Before going for the RAM upgrade in your laptop you need to know certain things about system like :
    • Model number of your HP laptop.
    • Amount of installed RAM.
    • Number of available slot for fixing the RAM.
    • Maximum size of RAM that can be supported by your laptop.
    • Type of RAM which is there in your laptop.

After all things noted just try to get the RAM for your HP laptop and you can follow user guide on the official website http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...166078&lang=en

You need to follow below mentioned steps :
    • Confirm the computer is turned off, not just in the hibernate mode.
    • Disconnect the A/C power adapter.
    • Turn the notebook over and place it on a firm surface.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Use a screwdriver to remove the cover on the memory module compartment.
    • With the cover removed, and before you touch the RAM memory, ground yourself to discharge any static electricity.
    • To release the RAM memory, use a small wooden tool, or fingernail, to spread the clips holding the ends of the RAM memory in place.
    • One side of the RAM memory will rise when the clips are released.
    • Remove the RAM memory and place it in an anti-static bag.
    • Remove the new RAM memory from the protective anti-static bag and hold the RAM memory by the ends.
    • Place the gold contacts into the connector (bracket) and gently, but firmly, press the RAM memory into place. The clips will click when the RAM memory is properly seated.
    • Replace the cover and tighten the restraining screw.
    • Replace the battery and A/C power.
    • Turn on the computer and allow it to reconfigure and recognize the additional RAM memory and improve performance.