Thread: Working with Asus p6x58d premium crossfire pci-express 2.0 slots

Working with Asus p6x58d premium crossfire pci-express 2.0 slots

I be familiar by means of the board has specs of 16x/16x/1x or 16x/8x/8x on three pci-express 2.0 slots. I encompass the sapphire vapor-x 5870 1GB card, and preparation to get a second for Crossfire additional than there would accurately be zero space connecting the two cards if I utilized slots 1 and 2 at 16x/16x.I not be able to position the cards in adjacent slots for the reason with the intention of of the type of fan on the sapphire vapor-x card (it does not in air commencing the side and immediately push it out the back, the fan is in the central point and blows air in together directions.) If two of my cards were in slots 1 and 2, the top card would certainly melt within a material of minutes. If I position the second video card in slot 3, determine to I be capable to run them cards at 16x and 8x. What sort of presentation hit be able to I expect commencing this arrangement, or rather, how much superior would performance be (in theory) if I might position them in 16x/16x. Is the performance gain sufficient to where I be supposed to ebay my current card, and immediately purchased two 5870's by means of the intention of utilize the standard type of cooling (pull in air commencing one side and exhaust it out the back of the case) so with the intention of they be able to be installed into adjacent slots. Does anybody currently encompass a slot 1/3 crossfire/SLI setup with the intention of might weigh in.

Re: Working with Asus p6x58d premium crossfire pci-express 2.0 slots

You would not acquire a large amount hit at the entire. I have comprised and heard numbers of approximately 2% at the worst on a 5870 at x8. So twice by means of the intention of for Worst case scenario so 4%. At 50 FPS you are giving the impression of being at 2 FPS loss, at 70 FPS you are not even at 3 FPS hammering. In my humble opinion, it's absolutely worth it if it maintains the cards much cooler. On the other hand, those cards are tranquil premeditated by means of CFX in mind, and by means of the CFX setup on slots 1 and 2, the air flow starvation is nothing by means of the intention of a well directed case fan would not be capable to take care of it.

Giving the impression of being at my board right at present, there is accurately ZERO space by means of the intention of would be connecting the cards if I have encompassed them in adjacent pci express slots 1 and 2 for the 16x/16x arrangement. These cards do not utilize the customary "it in commencing the right, tire out to the left" cooling by means of the intention of the majority 5870 cards encompass, so I actually am concerned the adjacent slots 1 and 2 setup would not run (heat wise).

The reference design essentially draws commencing the substructure of the card as well. The ports on the reverse side of the card are immediately for artistic function, they do nothing, and they are immediately fake. Many card producer utilize the similar cooling design the Vapor-X incorporates. They would not maximum value themselves to a design by means of the intention of forces single card merely by means of the intention of would be terrible for business by means of the intention of is a good plan. I do not for observe you being upset by means of the 1 and 3 arrangement.

I just immediately had this chat by means of the ASUS online tech hold up. It seems by means of the intention of if I ran my cards in slots 1 and 3, I would be wedged at 16x/0x/1x, not 16x/0x/8x, even even though the board is competent of 16x/16x/1x or 16x/8x/8x by means of three cards. So it give the impression of being similar to the presentation loss of 16x/8x vrs 16x/16x is moot, in view of the fact with the intention of I encompass to crossfire in slots 1 and 2. The genuine query at present is the potential heat tribulations due to having zero space connecting the cards utilizing the Vapor-X cooling design. Does anybody here utilize two Vapor-X cards in crossfire subsequently to every additional.

The VIA Technologies VT6308 organizer authority two IEEE-1394a Fire wire ports on the P6X58D-E, solitary at the back and an additional at the bottom of the motherboard. Four High-Speed USB-2.0 ports reside subsequently to the Gigabit Ethernet adapter determined by a Marvell 88E8056-NNC1 chip. The PCIe Gigabit LAN organizer presents the four-year previous ASUS AI-NET2 technology, and even though not recognized on their website or in the manual I have comprised and discovered AI-NET2 be able to diagnose local area network correlation tribulations previous to entering the Operating System. AI NET2 tenuously detects cable correlation at system power-on, and defective correlation is reported back up to 100 meters at 1 meter accurateness. The ASUS EPU characteristic make available total system energy competence by detecting present PC loadings and shrewdly moderating power in real-time by utilizing a 16+2 phase VRM design. The 16+2 segment power propose (16-phase to vCore; 2-phase to vDRAM/QPI controller surrounded by CPU) be able to reach high power competence, dispel heat engender by VRM modules successfully by utilizing high quality power constituent such as low RDS (on) MOSFETs, Ferrite core chokes by means of lower hysteresis loss, and 100%.