Thread: Mac Book Pro is not able to boot from HD or Installation Disk

Mac Book Pro is not able to boot from HD or Installation Disk

I have recently try to boot my MacBook Pro from the installation disk and from hard drive but the system was not able to boot from both of them. When I tried to boot it from hard drive in single user mode it get to loading drivers but doesn’t boot for long time after some time it reboots but when I am trying to boot without single mode it never initializes. But when I am trying to boot from installation disk it never get initializing icon and system never boots, still stuck to same problem from long time. If anyone having details to resolve this problem please provide me with the solution for it.

Re: Mac Book Pro is not able to boot from HD or Installation Disk

I think there is no issue with your system it is problem with the hard drive which you are using for booting the your MacBook Pro. Possibly the hard drive which you are using is corrupted because of which you are not able to boot from it and the booting process stops after some time. I think you need to try to boot the system from another proper hard drive and see if your booting problem is resolved after that.

I think you can follow the way to resolve the booting problem you need to just reboot the system and press the shift key till you are not able notice the rotating component. When the desktop finally shows which will take some time just initiate Disk Usage and Repair Disk. Then vacant the waste and reboot your system, after which try yet again to boot from the appropriate OS installer DVD which is official means original. This can be the alternate way to resolve your booting issue in MacBook Pro using installation disk.

I think you are not using the latest Mac os for booting you should go for 10.5 or 10.6 of Mac OS X. other than that just another option remains for you is re-partition the drive and after that install OS which will help you to resolve the issue. But before going for this you need to have the back up for your system for which you can use time machine back up which will ensure back up of your system. This can be the solution if you are not able to resolve it from any other way but sometime this is not feasible as you have to do lots of work with system.