Thread: upgraded my P5n-e sli to a E8600

upgraded my P5n-e sli to a E8600

I am actually into within Flight Sim by means of 3 monitors as well as plenty of controls. I was starving intended for extra scenery feature as a result I immediately upgraded my P5n-e sli from an E6600 to an E8600 and attempted to set the overclock settings on the way to 15%. At time when that didn't help I try to rearrange the bios back again to default setting, however it hung and in all probability broken the BIOS.I imagine that I am going to obtain new bios from Bios Depot on Ebay in addition to start over.I am fresh to overclocking as well as not certain what settings on the way to start with or else even wherever to discover the settings in the Asus bios menu. Any one over here with this mobo and CPU combination please let me know?

Re: upgraded my P5n-e sli to a E8600

I believe that you must place the E6600 back. Below are the your board's Cpu support list:
    Core 2 Quad/Pentium Extreme/Pentium D/Pentium 4/Celeron
    Probably your board will not hold up the E8600. It's a 45nm chip whereas the E6600 is a 65nm.In favor of you to run the E8600, probably a bios update intended for your board although I extremely doubt it.

I in reality killed the bios two times. The first occasion at what time we did the reset thing with the jumper and battery, we could not obtain it to flash from the bios utility, or from an asset the ctrl key down while posting.
    This occasion, it won't still post. I've completed the jumper/battery/unplug/flick and the start button thing more than a few times other than no beep, no screen, and no boot, no post presently a full time hard drive light.

So I lastly determined to upgrade my "very old" ASrock motherboard to a little small piece latest model moreover I came to the end of the ASUS P5N-E SLI which I got for a good price of $80 from ebay. Apparently I as well got a latest GPU for the PCI-E slot and RAM. You may be surprise why I prefer the 8600 GTS XXX edition fine I select it because of the lower price that it have in contrast to new 8600 GTS cards. Hoping to get the same performance you did. I am delighted to find someone with the same mobo/cpu setup with 4Ghz.

An exceptional CPU this C2D E8600 is, I be the owner of this for about six months at the moment, successively running at 4.4Ghz with a 1.40v in BIOS. Was extremely easy to overclock with, and most excellent of each and every one it’s an E0 stepping, which all E8600 are. Balancing through my eVGA 750i FTW which prepared overclock even simpler with this chip.

Upcoming from a C2Q Q6600 which was a B3 stepping, I was not even able to hit 3.4Ghz stable, by means of my E8600 I observe speeds 10 times quicker, in addition to its INTEL BURN TEST stable at 4.4Ghz as fine! Just an exceptional chip intended for the cost! Match up it by means of some great overclock RAM, and your computer will fly similar to an eagle.

I have googled for this and watch some videos on internet for overclocking moreover they were exceptionally useful. I at the present have my system overclocked to 4.2 ghz. I have use each and every one of your settings. What do you thing will my system will be stable at this setting? I have give permission it idle intended for a small number of hours and the whole thing is stable so far.
    I have a number of other questions:
    Should I think about getting a cooling fan for my memory? Would I get advantage by adding up one more nvidia GeForce GTX 260 video card. keep in mind, I am running three monitors at 3840 x 1024 by means of Matrox Millenium Triple Head 2 Go Analog Version?

However this is really a good start for you. I would suggest you to Use (prime 95) program to load your CPU run it intended for at smallest amount 12 hours.If you did not overclock your memory then you do not need to buy a memory cooler.FSX will just make use of one GPU, but if you pay for two it will be worthless. If you wish for improved graphics get rid of the GTX 260 and buy a single GPU card that is superior in performance. The 3 monitors do not reduce the performance of any video cards by means of a 1024 with a Matrox Millenium Triple Head 2 Go Analog Version.

You be able to run memory up and about to 2.1v with no a cooling fan. What speed is your memory running at?If you desire to attempt in addition to run a higher clock at 4.2GHz then attempt increasing your V core so that cpu-z show 1.3625 V core and VTT CPU 1.4v and MCH 1.3v. Try them single at an occasion furthermore observe if it help.
    SET PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) : 100
    As well have try lowering your CPU Vcore 1.28v to 1.30v in Bios. Now and then over volting can effect instability, just in case you still want to try for 4.2GHz