Thread: SLI and CrossFire in ASUS motherboard

SLI and CrossFire in ASUS motherboard

I have been doing a small piece of investigate. This is my 1st convention build, previous to this I have at all times bought from manufacturer, but this time I wish to build a part with what I like as different to what Dell or any other offers. I am practical with computers and would have no trouble putting either one of them mutually. I have not built-in additional fans in the costs but would be looking at an additional $20 to $40 for CPU Fan, Chipset Fans and Memory Fans. So here are my some questions:
    1. Are the ASUS MoBos fine or reliable?
    2. Is the Soundcard good sufficient?
    3. Is that RAM good enough? Would it be value it to get upper speed memory? Would it be visible?
    4. The most significant query, what do you advice? SLI Rig or CF Rig?

Re: SLI and CrossFire in ASUS motherboard

The 980a chipset is pretty out-of-date in my judgment, so at the same time as I like SLI, I don't like the motherboard. I would go with Crossfire, but, I would have an 890FX chipset, not the GX. If you’re going for crossfire you actually require 2/16x PCIe lanes. The GX only does half of it. Here the answers of your questions.
    1. Asus is an excellent company; they have problems like any other. Their top end material is legit, I am believed of their midrange parts. I am not an Asus guy and don’t have any terrible experience so my judgment is a bit fed-up.
    2. I don't actually thought the necessitate for a sound card on a new-fangled computer, yes it is improved than onboard, but if I am on a budget, that is the primary thing to go.
    3. Will you observe on a normal basis, no, but you will if you overclock. The 1333 MHz might not have any head-room.
    4. As my point of view both work fine, I too have both. Some days I am use AMD, some days Nvidia. They both create in fact good cards.

I assume you should go with an 890FX chipset, by doing so you will be wedged with Crossfire. If you are on a budget, the Biostar TA890fxe has pleasured me truly well, and it is the similar price as the mobo. In fact there is a combo money off or discount for it and the 1090t, like $15 off the mobo and $30 extra for the combo. I don't like the 57XX cards, they have 128 bit memory interfaces, and the lowest 58XX card would be a superior purchase in my mind.

1. Asus boards are consistent or you can say reliable and are one of the more recommended motherboard companies or manufacturers.
    2. That sound card is alright, and could most likely get away with onboard sound for the majority games except you require EAX.
    3. I think the Ripjaws are excellent. Advanced speed memory would help if you are preparation on overclocking down the line, but if you are exit it at stock speeds then it should be ok.
    4. Out of those two, I would go with the SLI setup since the GTX 460s will outperform the 5770s. If you are eager to expend more and get 5850s, perhaps even 5870s, then the two systems would be nearer in performance.

I have some information about SLI. The essential idea of SLI is to permit two or more graphics processing units (GPUs) to split the work load while rendering a 3D sight. Preferably, two equal graphics cards are installed in a motherboard which includes two PCI-Express x16 slots, set up in a master-slave configuration. Both cards are given the similar part of the 3D scene to render, but efficiently half of the work weight is sent to the slave card through a connector called the SLI Bridge. For example, the master card works on the pinnacle or top half of the sight while the slave card works on the base half. While the slave card is complete, it sends its output to the master card, which merges the two images to form one and after that outputs the final render to the monitor.

I have some information related to Crossfire. With the release of the Radeon X1950 Pro, ATI has totally amended Crossfire’s connection infrastructure to extra eliminate the necessity for past Y-dongle or Master card and slave card configurations for Crossfire to work. ATI's Crossfire connector is now a ribbon like connector attached to the top of every graphics adapter, alike to nVidia's SLi bridges, but dissimilar in physical and logical personality. As such, Master Cards no longer available, and are not necessary for utmost performance. Two dongles can be used per card; these were put to full use with the release of Crossfire X.