Thread: RAM doesn't show up on Asus P7P55DLE

RAM doesn't show up on Asus P7P55DLE

What do you think about this? I have upgraded my system RAM to 4GB, but it shows only 2GB memory on it. I brought a 2 Corsair 2GB RAM for my Asus P7P55DLE motherboard. The current processor I am having is Intel i5. The BIOS at startup shows only the 2GB RAM installed on RAM slot. Then where is the other 2 GB. The 4GB RAMs are running in dual channel mode. How could it show like this? I have Tested RAM individually using the PC check program. What could be the issue?

Re: RAM doesn't show up on Asus P7P55DLE

Sometime it might be the matter of RAM itself. Check the RAM individually using each single slot presnt for RAM in the motherboard. Next Swap the RAM slots and see. If the RAM is completely unmatchable for the motherboard then how could you get the memory? The one or more bent pins in the CPU socket will disable the functioning of RAM. Otherwise you may need to increase the IMC voltage over the default voltage. But as far as my concern do not go for the voltage increment yet. Check those RAM and motherboard to your system service provider. They might have known if there is major hardware issue.

As I have gone through your problem and I noticed that the issue is not about your RAM. If you had used the faulty RAM then the system signals the error sound before the boot. Also if any kind of damage in RAM slots then also system signals to the user. The problem should be about your BIOS. For this you have to download the latest BIOS from the SDUS website. After installing or updating the BIOS do the following checks –
    • Enter into the BIOS setting at the bootup.
    • Enter into “Ai tweaker”> “Ai Overclock Tuner" and press Enter.
    • Change D.O.C.P and save and exit.
    • The system shows a message like this "memory load ok successful" when the system reboots.
    • It will advise you to save in the BIOS. Here you have t0 press only option offered.
    • Press F10 in Bios and Reboot.

The ASUS P7P55D LE Desktop Board has 4 memory slots with a maximum memory capability is upto 16GB. The Memory Standard is DDR3-1600/PC3-12800 and the Memory Card supports only DDR3 SDRAM. So please ensure that you have brought the right RAM. If it is correct there has to be a sort caused by the incompatibility with mounting. Sometimes voltage also plays the small role for disabling the RAM. So try to adjust the QPI voltage slightly higher and restart the system. If you have tried all of these things then there is only two option left that is to change the motherboard itself or to go for only 2GB RAM.

First insert one RAM stick in the slot and boot windows. Run the program called Memtest which will test any problem in the RAM. After testing every RAM you will know Which RAM is not functioning properly. Now put each RAM in each channel and run the memory test program. If any problem you will know which one to leave behind. Sometimes CPU temperature and dust also affect the RAM performance and failure. If the problem continues then re-assemble you whole system again in a step by step manner. If any faults like shorts and bents while upgrading the system you will let know in this task.